Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 15, 2009, 9:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Thanks, bahadir. You're not only a good photographer, but a man with a long memory as well!

During my recent Easter holiday in N. England & Scotland, in untypically bright & sunny weather, I experienced lots of trouble with excessive contrast, to which HDR would be the answer. Sadly, I can't ever see myself carrying a proper tripod routinely. My everyday kit is very light - 832g in a very small bag including spare batteries, tiny 10cm pocket tripod and other bits, when my not-very solid tripod weigs 1600g! So cutting & pasting bits of images between fairly well-aligned handheld bracketed exposures is probably as far as I'll get.
My absent mind leaves enough room for friendship and beauty : ) I'm eager to see your hdr pictures. Hope I haven't missed them, or have I? As for the tripod, on a bright and sunny day when I can obtain high shutter speed, say over 1/250 or sth, I don't even bother mounting the camera on the tripod!(which also means I sometimes carry it though ) The hdr softwares do a pretty good aligning job in such cases.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 9:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu View Post
Bahadir,
I'm surprised when I checked and see my last post was in Jan '08.
It is really frustrating, but not because neglecting the forum, but for missing the opportunity to see your shots.

For about the photos, if they were taken on the 1st day of May I was on the other side of the bay then and were hardly seeing your side behind the clouds and rain.

I loved the impression I got from the second.

emre.
Oh, I'm humbled my friend! So, I hope, in return, you give the opportunity to see your tasteful captures expected of a good architect : ) So you were on the opposite shore, Karşıyaka, on the 1st of May...You lived there, didn't you? In fact the picture was taken in March. But this year, it's rained so often that confusing one with the next is a non issue! Thanks a lot! Keep on shooting & posting
Old May 15, 2009, 9:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
First picture. Great light papier maché like lower part of the picture. Impression(istic) Why should we move under the surface, is there really any gain

Second picture. Dark expression(istic) The mind mirrored in the forces of nature. The wrath. Do we have the right to only enjoy the superficial. Albatross' crossing

Torgny
Such words inciting one to ponder on human nature and where human mind comes from through a humanistic view and into photography reviewing the complementary approaches of impressionalistic and expressionalistic. Thank you for your worthy feedback Torgny!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:13 AM   #24

Well done. I like the contrast of the pastel image to the other with strong ominous clouds
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:19 PM   #25

The second one reminds me of the scene in The Ten Commandments where the clouds came down and parted the waves. These look like they could have done just that!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 1:43 PM   #26

Default Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
The second one reminds me of the scene in The Ten Commandments where the clouds came down and parted the waves. These look like they could have done just that!
Very powerful images, Bahadir, and I think Greg's comparison is quite close to what I imagine also.

Both images are great - and show different "sides" to clouds and showers in your area! Thanks for sharing.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by carylwithay View Post
Well done. I like the contrast of the pastel image to the other with strong ominous clouds
Caryl
Thank you for the kind feedback indicating your reason of preference, Caryl! Btw, it's nice to see you around after a while. Here's an easy guess: You've been to Alaska!!

.................................................. .....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Thank you for passing by this part of the forums Greg : ) I had appreciated your feedback for my picture at C&T forum with reference to the calling of Moses to the hill, now I'm quite fond of receiving the rest! Actually, it's these fateful moments when alone, one is more likely to hear what is written in the clouds and the wind...

.................................................. .................

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Very powerful images, Bahadir, and I think Greg's comparison is quite close to what I imagine also.

Both images are great - and show different "sides" to clouds and showers in your area! Thanks for sharing.

Paul

Thank you my friend! That's from a very curious phase in history crossing with that of ancient Egypt, you're hinting of...
Ah, there have been some further good examples since then as I posted in C&T forum thanks to 'the cloud production center' behind my house : ) I suppose you're also having showers there due to the winter season that started!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:10 AM   #28

Wonderful shots, my friend. I especially like the second one.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:19 AM   #29

WHOA......

I ain't shaken hands with that second one

I too swear I can hear an ominous voice calling me to heed from that formation!

Did you toy much with it? I know clouds can often look noisy......
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 3:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
Wonderful shots, my friend. I especially like the second one.
Thank you for letting me know about your preference my friend! I had a hard time shooting that picture as I was pressing over the equipment to keep both the camera and the tripod stable! Oh, as they say, there's no free lunch : )

.................................................. ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
WHOA......

I ain't shaken hands with that second one

I too swear I can hear an ominous voice calling me to heed from that formation!

Did you toy much with it? I know clouds can often look noisy......
Glad it could stir you up : ) Pleasant to observe the effect of omnious call varying from one person to another, and from the second millenia BC to the third AD...
About the clouds, just a pass of neat image with a mild setting sufficed.