Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:13 PM   #1

Default all roads lead to the sea...

That seeing her blue body below and through the tree tops even when my sight is blocked by a grove, and then taking a path like a brook reaching her is one of the things I like about the parks in my town : )

Ah, even associate myself with the rider below as I reach her!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2009, 5:34 PM   #2

After seeing your images and reading your words, many times I have thought to myself, this man has the soul of a poet.
I think that if I lived in your town, I would like your parks too.

Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:40 PM   #3

The first image is very beautiful. The massive cliffs and the sea of foliage show a few small structures. It is almost Sinic in the way nature looms over human works.

It seems almost rude to ask, but do you know what that sort of rock makes up the face of that cliff?
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:51 AM   #4

Bahadir

Great photos, and indeed - a lovely poetic introduction to them. All show the lovely colours of your summer and the landscape around the sea, contrasting the sea blue with sky blue and other colours of leaves, rock, ground, etc.

I particularly like the 1st and 3rd photos. Maybe with #1 I would have cropped a bit off the bottom to give a more solid base of interesting patterned foilage. The 3rd photo maybe just not quite sure if a wider depth of field would have benefitted the nearer leaves / framing to be in focus too. But all around, a wonderful set.

Thanks for sharing - and well done for writing poems in English, which isn't your 1st language! That's admirable, and I know from experience that expressing such thoughts in other languages isn't easy.

Cheers

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac View Post
After seeing your images and reading your words, many times I have thought to myself, this man has the soul of a poet.
I think that if I lived in your town, I would like your parks too.

Steve
Oh, I'm humbled by your kind compliment, which often makes a good cause for skill : ) Happy to share these with the kindred spirits...I wish you make your way around here someday!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
The first image is very beautiful. The massive cliffs and the sea of foliage show a few small structures. It is almost Sinic in the way nature looms over human works.

It seems almost rude to ask, but do you know what that sort of rock makes up the face of that cliff?
Thank you for your kind appreciation. Oh, why shoud it be rude to ask my friend? : ) I only wish I knew more about geology. Well, the rock making up the face of the cliff should be a volcanic rock; andesite. From experience, I could say it doesn't make a very reliable surface to climb, for a large piece could come off when you think you're safe!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Bahadir

Great photos, and indeed - a lovely poetic introduction to them. All show the lovely colours of your summer and the landscape around the sea, contrasting the sea blue with sky blue and other colours of leaves, rock, ground, etc.

I particularly like the 1st and 3rd photos. Maybe with #1 I would have cropped a bit off the bottom to give a more solid base of interesting patterned foilage. The 3rd photo maybe just not quite sure if a wider depth of field would have benefitted the nearer leaves / framing to be in focus too. But all around, a wonderful set.

Thanks for sharing - and well done for writing poems in English, which isn't your 1st language! That's admirable, and I know from experience that expressing such thoughts in other languages isn't easy.

Cheers

Paul
Happy to read your suggentions within another extensive feedback of yours. Number one and number two are my favourites also...and number four to a degree! Ah, one forgets about one's troubles and the time while dealing with photography! As for my verbal expression, thanks god all arts are brothers, and English is a relatively tolerant language : )
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:52 PM   #8

Appreciated you're photos very much!
I would definitely love the parks in you're town

especially the one with the sailboat!
Great Job!
ouijakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijakid View Post
Appreciated you're photos very much!
I would definitely love the parks in you're town

especially the one with the sailboat!
Great Job!
Oh, thank you! I'd be pleased to offer your first beer here if you ever come around
Ah, that one with the opening featuring the sailboat beside oleander branches...often reminds me the kind of relief Poe depics in his line 'For the heart whose woes are a legion, this is a peaceful and sooting region!'