Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:14 PM   #1

Default Decption Falls

took a drive up to Deception Falls a couple of weeks ago. it's up in the mountains just a few miles west of Stevens Pass on highway 2, a main cross-state route. it's more a series of cataracts than a waterfall, but still a nice spot to visit and photograph. quite a few people there, but i managed a few decent pix. this is the upper falls. 5D, Tammy 24-135, 3 shots bracketed at +/- 1 stop from 1/2 second nominal at f/16. processed using Photomatix Pro 3.2...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:02 AM   #2

With the diagonal arrangement of the flow @1/2'' masterly applied to the portrait orientation above, you've attained quite a remarkable composition here emphasizing the sense of movement also! Btw, the fine hdr rendering with a bracketing of 1 stop apart helps the elements look dimensional.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:13 AM   #3
Super Moderator

I really like the HDR processing on this one, it is a good composition and the HDR is just that added bonus that puts this shot over the top. Really nice. I am excited to get this program and give it a shot, after seeing some nice images like this one lately. So to you and the others here using HDR to its fullest, thanks for the inspiration. Looking forward to learning this technique.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:09 AM   #4

thanks, gentlemen! HDR can produce some very natural-looking results, if it's not overdone. i see so many people who go crazy with it, and wind up with something from a comic book or a sci-fi movie. to me, that's not what HDR is for...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:32 AM   #5

I have only touched on the subject, HDR but I have to agree with you squirl033, that most images I have seen are too amped up for my liking, Your interpretation of the technique is much more pleasurable to the eye. Well done.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote