Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:02 AM   #11

Arkadas, now that you bought your K7 in Greece, it would be a pity if you had left the US without taking any pictures due to constant postponing : )) Well, as far as I remember once you were looking for a good bridge camera but ended up buying a tele zoom lens. I see you've gotten a pretty good one with the super ccd and 14X optical zoom! Judging from your captures I can say the dynamic range is very good for a non dslr camera, supposing there's no highlight/shadow adjustment at PS. But again a 2/3" size CCD is bigger than those of many compacts! Btw, it seems Fred Flintstone was also there : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Arkadas, now that you bought your K7 in Greece, it would be a pity if you had left the US without taking any pictures due to constant postponing : )) Well, as far as I remember once you were looking for a good bridge camera but ended up buying a tele zoom lens. I see you've gotten a pretty good one with the super ccd and 14X optical zoom! Judging from your captures I can say the dynamic range is very good for a non dslr camera, supposing there's no highlight/shadow adjustment at PS. But again a 2/3" size CCD is bigger than those of many compacts! Btw, it seems Fred Flintstone was also there : )
Thank you my friend,
the Fuji is a great bridge for not being a dslr there are a little bit PP but not much and also pretty good ISO up to 800 but not like this

My Son Last night At a Baptism.
Thanks again
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:10 PM   #13

Enjoyed your photos. I haven't traveled in the Northwest it's a treat to see your photos. Now, as I'm prone to do, the aircraft on static display are Grumman A-6 Intruders.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:07 PM   #14

Looking over the past threads I have to ask Hercules what restaurant is that in Marysville ? I get over there every so often and I really don't know just what is good in any kind of Greek food.... unless I locate one of my old girl friends she took me to some really good places.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac.smith View Post
Enjoyed your photos. I haven't traveled in the Northwest it's a treat to see your photos. Now, as I'm prone to do, the aircraft on static display are Grumman A-6 Intruders.

A. C.
Thank you ac.smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Looking over the past threads I have to ask Hercules what restaurant is that in Marysville ? I get over there every so often and I really don't know just what is good in any kind of Greek food.... unless I locate one of my old girl friends she took me to some really good places.
Thanks again SharpShotGal
Once you get off the highway I-5 into Marysville go straight and over the railroad tracks and the first stop light there on the right corner you will see a nice strip building that is my Dads, and one of the stores is called Frosos Greek restaurant that used to be ours and sold the business to them,
Here is a picture of my dad and my son in front of his building

And if you want really good Mexican food just off the highway is Las Margaritas they also bought the business and turned it into a Mexican restaurant
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:21 AM   #16

Would that Mexican Restaurant be hooked up with a man with a son named David? Whom as well have them all ove the states... Mainly out of Nevada? I hope there is a connection to Jose Andicoechea as well! They were Greek Italians .... He and I went to Jr high school togeather and he was a sweet guy so like what they all should of been very good looking as well.

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Feb 7, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Would that Mexican Restaurant be hooked up with a man with a son named David? Whom as well have them all ove the states... Mainly out of Nevada? I hope there is a connection to Hosea as well!
They are the same owners as the main owner has his nephews pretty much running them all I think, I am not sure about the son named David though, but Oscar runs the place in Marysville and his partner
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:32 AM   #18

I actually should call Jose and say high he and my brother became good friends as well.. his father owned a many good restaraunts and lounges in Rock Springs, WY and abound that I heard of.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:33 AM   #19

You have to tell me where the Flintstones car is located I do not recall one in Washington?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:40 AM   #20

Quote:
I actually should call Jose and say high he and my brother became good friends as well.. his father owned a many good restaraunts and lounges in Rock Springs, WY and abound that I heard of.
, I thought Jose was the dad he bought the business from us in like 1988 I think, we are the original owners of Contos Pizza & Pasta.