Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:37 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Heron Skies - So tired, so tired ...

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:39 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Thor's Bay
Attached Images

Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:40 PM   #3

Arendalsudden
Attached Images

Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:41 PM   #4

Outer harbours
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Sep 19, 2009 at 9:58 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:22 AM   #5

I really, really like #2. The banding of clouds looks like the cloud tops on Jupiter. (the great red spot is at lower left)

Do you know the species of this heron? I guess they all fly the same way, with head tucked.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2009, 3:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
I really, really like #2. The banding of clouds looks like the cloud tops on Jupiter. (the great red spot is at lower left)

Do you know the species of this heron? I guess they all fly the same way, with head tucked.
The Barbarian,

About 19-12 years of age we tend to be utterly curious about the Universe and we also have that special ability of seeing systems, and, for that matter, creating systems

Then we loose in clarity, obscured by emotional awakenings. Too bad. Too bad. Had everone stopped in "growing", much would have been won. And the Earth would have had much fewer (0) inhabitants

Earth wouldn't have been so scandalously robbed of it's resources. Greed wouldn't have ruled the planet

Had a paperback on the Solar System. Read it many times. Now Pluto is no longer concidered as a planet. Close up pictures of the planets is really an achievement

Our Sun, a worthy object of worshipping

Thank you very much

Torgny

The heron is a Ardea cinerea

Gråhäger, Grey Heron

Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Sep 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:10 PM   #7

Here our Heron has just passed the point of no return. No use in going back. And he has to fulfill his obligations
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Sep 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:39 PM   #8

Quote:
About 19-12 years of age we tend to be utterly curious about the Universe and we also have that special ability of seeing systems, and, for that matter, creating systems
Those of us who never grow up, become scientists. My wife, when asked about her children, says she has six. I'm the first.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2009, 4:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
Those of us who never grow up, become scientists. My wife, when asked about her children, says she has six. I'm the first.
The Barbarian,

Having six children (including yourself) to take care of, and at the same time being a scientist, means you made it through the "awakenings" without compromising your intellect

I have three sons myself, walking in my tracks. I joke with them and say that I am the sharpest and most good looking of us all. My ex wife wouldn't agree on that at all

Torgny