Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 15, 2009, 1:03 PM   #1

Default Tranquility (if I can spell that word...!)

Thats what triggered me to take that shot.

A great scene of tranquility spottet after taking all the shots of old houses in my series - http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...-backyard.html and http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...umm-house.html over at Critiques & Techniques -
- when I was on my way back to my car I passed this strech of the river and immediately fell for the scene. The sun had already gone down and the light was dim and barely enough for some shots. The surface of the river was shimmering a bluish pearly-white, reflection of the evening-sky. There were no shadows around, just a faint glow of that special mellow evening-light - and the quiet tranquility...

End of September it was, the leafs where just starting to turn red.

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Oct 15, 2009 at 2:44 PM. Reason: removing (hopefully all of them...) Spelling-errors! :o/
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2009, 2:07 PM   #2

Walter - great shot. I really like the subdued color and mood of the shot. Really great stuff.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 2:41 PM   #3

Beautiful image Walter.
Gisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 2:56 PM   #4

Love the muted colors. The white object on the right is somewhat distracting, however.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 1:54 AM   #5

Thank you all for much appreciatet comments on this picture. Yes, Walter_C - the white spot!

You know, I hadn't even noticet the white patch (looks like a containe or something...) before you mentioned it.

That just goes to show how much a photographer is pre-occupied with other things when looking at his own shots. That exactly WHY we need to post pictures here and get other fellow photographers to comment, so that we really see and learn.

Thank's again, JonG, Gisli and Walter_C

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:49 AM   #6

Very nice Walter! I agree with your comment about seeing things in our own shots, to me that is one of the most difficult things about photography. I try to compose my shots carefully but still find myself saying "how did I miss that distraction" when looking at them on my computer. It is a great help to have other eyes look at and comment on our photos!
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote