Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:39 AM   #11

Hawgwild - these shots are really good!

My favorite being #1, which is outstanding in resolution and colors, but the night-shots are mind-blowing (specially when oneself tries night-shooting and never gets it right...) as well.

I also like "This coole dude" in #6. Not only is he wearing a Mighty-Mouse Tee-shirt, but he is also wearing twoo different socks and two different shoes, plus this mighty grey beard.

Cool.

BTW - How did you find the A300's EFV in low-light situations like this? Did it give you enough details for you to compose and focus?
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:02 PM   #12

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Them first 3 are pure magic!!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 5:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
LOL looks as it the one out of place is just wishing for the ages to come back! and the other in purple is just as great... and good ol Mickey floating on air.. All great shots! Hawgwild...
Thanks, I appreciate the comments, and yes the guy in the last shot was a stsndout, even in the crowd of tourists..

Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
You got that right. That's NOT Mickey Mouse on the t-shirt but his arch rival Mighty Mouse.
Gotta say those are spectacular shots Hawg. Your exposure for the lights is right on. The time of night was a bit late but you captured the lights well.
Thanks, Bynx, as always, I value an honest critique, and you never fail. As to the t-shirt, I hadn't noticed that it was Mighty Mouse, until I read it here.

Robert
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammitt View Post
Outstanding shots!! I hope you all had a great time!

Bob
Thanks, Bob, and we had a great time. I asked my wife if she thought Bella (13 months) would remember any of this, and she said "this trip is not for her, its for ME!". Yeah, I actually understand that...

Robert
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Hawgwild - these shots are really good!

My favorite being #1, which is outstanding in resolution and colors, but the night-shots are mind-blowing (specially when oneself tries night-shooting and never gets it right...) as well.

I also like "This coole dude" in #6. Not only is he wearing a Mighty-Mouse Tee-shirt, but he is also wearing twoo different socks and two different shoes, plus this mighty grey beard.

Cool.

BTW - How did you find the A300's EFV in low-light situations like this? Did it give you enough details for you to compose and focus?
Walter, doing night shots, espscially for me, are not easy. I took many shots and culled many to get these.

The cool dude was something...a lot of other people were taking his picture, maybe Disney had him on the payroll??

Actually, I didn't use live view, and in the 13 months I've owned the camera, I've used the live view only twice. I guess i should have gotten the A 200 instead. LOL. I'm quite happy with the pics I get with this camera, and shoot a lot more with this one tan with my old Nikon D 50, maybe it's the ergonomics or button placement, I'm not sure.

Thanks for the kind words...

Robert
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Them first 3 are pure magic!!
Thanks, Jelpee, that's what happens when you're in the Magic Kingdom..LOL

Robert
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:50 PM   #18
Super Moderator

this is a nice set. great travel series.

very fond of #2. the exposure on this is very good, which is not always easy for a shot like this, and the framing from the trees and people set it off nicely.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
this is a nice set. great travel series.

very fond of #2. the exposure on this is very good, which is not always easy for a shot like this, and the framing from the trees and people set it off nicely.
Thank you, Dustin, I appreciate the kind words. I'm not a night scene shooter, so these surprised me when I saw them on the PC. The actual scenes as I saw them were spectacular, and I was hoping to capture at least some of that feeling. Thanks again... Oh, and #2 is my wife's favorite, too, so you're in good company..

Robert
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:02 PM   #20

While showing my son your lovely shots Hawg, it occurred to me that character with the odd socks and shoes. At first glance he looks like a homeless person that wears stuff he found. But then I realized it cost like a hundred bucks a day plus transportation cost to get to Disney World not to mention the food. Where does a bum get that kind of money for that use? I would have been inclined to sit beside him and ask him his story. Oh well maybe he is reading this now on his laptop and will respond.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote