Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:16 PM   #21

Disneyland!
Absurd.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:08 PM   #22

I gotta ask. What the hell are you saying Ordo? Disneyland! Absurd. What about Disneyland and what's absurd.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 1:21 PM   #23

Bynx: Your version looks like a Disney movie. Very fictional.
Absurdity is in the imposibility of the situation.
But today I like it. It's Disney, it's absurd, but has a lot of enjoyable readings.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:24 PM   #24

Ok I understand now. Just an interpretation problem. Walter simply supplied two good images which fit together like a glove. I think its interesting to be able to see a before and after look to a scene. Winter and Summer is another kind of pic Ive done in the past.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 1:32 PM   #25

A few more shots from the Old Town:

# 10:

# 11: BTW. What looks like dust or just plain dirt on the Range Rover parked in the street is neither, it's ice or frost as it was a humid and cold night.

# 12:

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 3:55 PM   #26

Hi Walter. Couldnt help doing this since you supplied such great shots to work with. If you mind me doing this just say so and I will stop.
Attached Images

Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:38 AM   #27

Again a great set of night shots - I especially love the details of the street in all three of them! I think #2 is my favourite, the castle/church (?) in the back is great

@Bynx: Gorgeous work - almost looks better then the two stand-alone shots
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
...I think #2 is my favourite, the castle/church (?) in the back is great....
Thank you maggo85 - There are 2 towers / spires visible. The first one is an octagonal tower which is incorporated in the western front and the main-entrance of that big castle-like looking house we see her in #2, which shows the side-entrance only. The front entrance has a bigger setting with this tower beeing on of the artifacts of the main-entrance.

The second spire is that of a church, some blocks beyond this front-entrance tower. They both look very nice, lit up like they are during the dark hours.

Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
... just say so and I will stop.
I wouldn't dream of it, Bynx!

Your entusiasm with melting together these shots in such an expert-manner pleases me immensely. IMO it is both entertaining and educational, because it shows what a good user of Photoshop is capable of, and it will push others like me to try and do the same, thereby learning to get aquainted with a very powerful tool!

You are the master of Photoshop, Bynx - and dont let anybody tell you off doing what you are doing so masterly!

Great melt-together this one also. Its almost exactly what this street looks like.

Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Your entusiasm with melting together these shots in such an expert-manner pleases me immensely. IMO it is both entertaining and educational, because it shows what a good user of Photoshop is capable of, and it will push others like me to try and do the same, thereby learning to get aquainted with a very powerful tool!
This is exactly the reason I do this. Not to show off, but to show what can be done and hopefully the owner of the photo might want to give it a try. Besides that I love working in Photoshop and I like working on other pics besides my own.