Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:36 AM   #41

Your photos are simply stunning. You should contact your local tourism office and show them as they may be something of interest to highlight your area. Your photos certainly make me wish I could afford the trip over. I love the colours of the buildings, the cobble stone roads. My favourite shot was the street scene with the Corvette as it made me chuckle ( I think that was a 1975 Vette too...or maybe a 77...If I'm not mistaken).

I've really enjoyed looking at them and hope you show us some more.
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:45 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edufloyd View Post
..I wonder if you could describe the process you do to make these wonderful HDR's. Last question: you shoot in RAW?..
Thank you for your kind words, Edufloyd!

No, I don't do RAW, just ordinary Jpeg's. I ususally shoot 5 Brackets with 0,7EV in between them, that gives me values of -1.5EV to 0EV to + 1.5 EV. When I come home I use DPHDR-software (check the HDR-forum for details) to generate HDR's of my shots.

A lot of times I do Panorama (2-panels) in addition, because I do not have a strong enough wideangle to shoot the type of landscape I want. My kit-lens is only 14-45 (equivalent of 28-90mm). I do hardly any PP after the HDR-software is finnished, only crop them to the 3":5" or 9:16 format.

Thats it, really!

I now have the Panasonic LUMIX G1 which is the perfect camera for this kind of shooting and which can give me 3 or 5 or 7 Bracket-shots.

As long as I had my FZ-28 (the model before your FZ-35) it gave me only 3 exposures, but this was usually enough. You can see most of the FZ-28-shots in the Panasonic / Leica-forum: FZ-28 in Norway II

Good luck with your FZ-35!

P.S.: Try to get aquainted with your FZ-35 and learn how to use it well, befor you start making HDR's, as this technique is only an addition or enhancement for good pictures, not a substitute! Do not belive that HDR is a fast way to instant success in photography...

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 4, 2010 at 2:29 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:49 PM   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post

P.S.: Try to get aquainted with your FZ-35 and learn how to use it well, befor you start making HDR's, as this technique is only an addition or enhancement for good pictures, not a substitute! Do not belive that HDR is a fast way to instant success in photography...

great advice. just wanted to highlight that.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Very nice once again walter. I really like how you frame the first on in this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobe View Post
...Thanks for sharing a part of your corner of the earth, your efforts and your art !

Thank you both - Shoturtle and Strobe. I appreciate your feedback to see which way I am going. It's not always one is the best judge of ones own pictures. For that, one has been working too long on them and is loosing neutreality. In other words, too much feelings and emotions get in the way of real self-judgement! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug74 View Post
...My favourite shot was the street scene with the Corvette as it made me chuckle ( I think that was a 1975 Vette too...or maybe a 77...If I'm not mistaken).

I've really enjoyed looking at them and hope you show us some more.
Thank you so much for appreciated comments and kind words, shutterbug! Yes I remember that Corvette.

That reminds me, not so long ago I was back in the same street to do some daylight shooting (a rarity for me...) and I took som shots of the same street - the Corvette was gone - but the street was the same, but came out in a completely different mood.

Thank you for your request of continuing this thread - and I will now that you ask for it. I thought there was no interest in it any more.

Thank's again!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug74 View Post
...My favourite shot was the street scene with the Corvette as it made me chuckle ( I think that was a 1975 Vette too...or maybe a 77...If I'm not mistaken)...
I take your request liturally (how'd ya spell that...?) and start with this street-scene with the Corvette parked outside one of the old houses - and then I'll show you a later picture, with snow and cold.

The Corvette-picture:

# 20 - The "No-more-Corvette-picture":
As a matter of fact, this picture was taken the second week after New Year and there was this big X-mas tree still at the end of the street - just in front of the statue you see in the first picture. Now, I couldn't post a picture in February with a X-mas tree, could I? So it 'vanished' - and with it the statue!

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:04 AM   #46

I also like the 1st Photomatrix shot and wonder why it looks better than Dynamic HDR which I have? all are great though
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:42 AM   #47

Thank you Walter for your advice, you are right, first i'll learn how to use the FZ35 properly and then i'll start to make my first HDR's.
I'll be posting here some shots in a near future to know your opinion and advices.
Thanks again
Edufloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 1:57 PM   #48

Default Continuing:

I invite you to another one of our small discovering walks to have a look at some of the buildings in this old part of town.

# 21 - "The Pharmacy"

# 22 - Some small shops, still with Christmas-decorations out front....
Lets walk towards the sun!

# 23 - The house with the warm front and cold backside.

# 24 - ...and some more...

# 25 - Keep going....

# 26 - ...just a little more...

# 27 - ...and that's about as far as we walk today!

I'll see you later, when we continue this little tour of "Old Fredrikstad" or "Gamle Fredrikstad" as it is called in Norwegian.

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 16, 2010 at 2:32 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:22 PM   #49

I agree with Hards80, number 7 is great. You know, it would be the same if it were busy with people... the single pedestrian, the perspective... colour, everything, makes it a great picture for my eyes.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:47 AM   #50

He does it again - thank you for some more shots of Fredrikstad! I like them all, you really had nice light there when you shoot those

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote