Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
shoturtle,

Jepp. I know. Shall we ask Marcus to make his best translation to English of this wonderful, a bit sad, piece of poetry

//T
Is that the poem that starts off.....There was a young man from Nantucket.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:04 AM   #22

Markus, Im stunned. That pano is incredible. At first glance I wasnt that impressed. But after downloading your 20Mb file and zoomed it....WOW. That is one mighty fine picture. If you could mass print that somehow I bet there are a lot of those homes in the valley that would like a copy. Especially if you could print it large. Make a deal with a printer.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:19 PM   #23

Well, Markus - I have now downloaded all of the panels and the two panoramas. This is a great pice of work you have done there, and you deserve all the respect you can get, going through with this mega-panorama.

I want to thank you for all this, as it is a trip "down memory-lane" for me. I could even see the area of Imst where we lived (Grettertsiedlung 17) and also the Muttekopfhütte, where I have been so many times, both sommer and winter. The 3 mountains Laggers, Muttekopf and Platain are very dear to me, as is the majestic Tschirgant, on which mountain-top you can actually make out the kross on it's summit, in panel # 7.

Thank you, Markus - and well done!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:55 AM   #24

Wow, thank you shoturtle and Bynx for your comments after seeing the original - it's great that you're feeling the same as I feel when you see this HUGE pano

Normally I would never upload the ORIGINAL file somewhere - you never know what other people do with your work. But this time, I thought you folks really MUST see this in it's original size, so I'm glad you enjoyed taking a deep look at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Well, Markus - I have now downloaded all of the panels and the two panoramas. This is a great pice of work you have done there, and you deserve all the respect you can get, going through with this mega-panorama.

I want to thank you for all this, as it is a trip "down memory-lane" for me. I could even see the area of Imst where we lived (Grettertsiedlung 17) and also the Muttekopfhütte, where I have been so many times, both sommer and winter. The 3 mountains Laggers, Muttekopf and Platain are very dear to me, as is the majestic Tschirgant, on which mountain-top you can actually make out the kross on it's summit, in panel # 7.

Thank you, Markus - and well done!
You're welcome, Walter - nice to bring back some lovely memories! I haven't been on any of these mountains since almost 15 years - but now, as a proud DSLR-owner, I can't wait to get on top of these and take some great pictures I can share with all of you guys and gals

Thank's again to everybody for taking the time to watch and comment my work - it's really a confirmation that I'm on the right way!!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:50 PM   #25

Thank you very much for posting the full sized pano - I just spent a very enjoyable 5 minutes of my lunch hour using dual 30" monitors to admire it. It's very impressive - having the two monitors slighly angled and then scrolling across the pano means that I feel just like I was there, surrounded by beautiful mountains. What awesome scenery and so beautifully captured. The pano worked very well - there's no sign of a seam that I could spot, and the HDR isn't noticeable, it looks just like a nicely exposed shot. It's very impressive!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Thank you very much for posting the full sized pano - I just spent a very enjoyable 5 minutes of my lunch hour using dual 30" monitors to admire it. It's very impressive - having the two monitors slighly angled and then scrolling across the pano means that I feel just like I was there, surrounded by beautiful mountains. What awesome scenery and so beautifully captured. The pano worked very well - there's no sign of a seam that I could spot, and the HDR isn't noticeable, it looks just like a nicely exposed shot. It's very impressive!
WOW - what a great feeling to read such nice words from you, Harriet! I'm glad that you enjoyed looking at my work, it must be amazing on two 30" monitors

Thank you very much!

Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:25 PM   #27

As I wrote in my first page in this thread, when I first tried blue-hour-panorama-shoots the result wasn't really good - but at the same morning I drove a bit further into the valley until I reached the ski-resort called "Hochzeiger". It's valley station is 1450 m above sea level (the vanishing point from which I shot the first pano is about 1000 m).

But the view from up there wasn't as good as I expected - but I did a panorama anyways. It is stitched out of 5 single HDR's, each of them made out of 3 exposures.... The stitching of the panorama didn't work with PhotoStitch, but with Panorama Studio 2 it looked really good!

I decided to post it here, just to show you another mountain range from our valley

Name:  Pano_Hchzeiger_small.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  201.5 KB

#1 - the colored version made out of 5 HDR's (done with Photomatix).

Name:  Pano_Hchzeiger_BW_small.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  128.1 KB

#2 - after stitching, I converted it to B&W with CS3 just to see how it would look like

So please tell me what you think about this one - I know it's not that great as my first pano, but maybe you like it. Does it work as a B&W?

C&C welcome

Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:00 AM   #28

I like the coloured one. The yellow on the mountain tops warms up the blue cold beneath. The b&w doesn't give me that, although there is nothing about the b&w that I can put my finger on, it doesn't work for me. Maybe it's because I liked the coloured one quite a lot.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:27 PM   #29

Very beautiful, Markus!
The color one works much better of course and I'm impressed. It is a pity that we cannot see this panorama bigger, like 1440pixels long....?
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:45 AM   #30

Excellent Pano very very nice thanks for sharing
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote