Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:16 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
I like the coloured one. The yellow on the mountain tops warms up the blue cold beneath. The b&w doesn't give me that, although there is nothing about the b&w that I can put my finger on, it doesn't work for me. Maybe it's because I liked the coloured one quite a lot.
Thank you Al - If I had waited a bit longer, there would be much more yellow on top... but my fiancee needed the car

I don't really like the b&w either, just wanted to show it to you guys to see what you think... so thank you for telling me your opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Very beautiful, Markus!
The color one works much better of course and I'm impressed. It is a pity that we cannot see this panorama bigger, like 1440pixels long....?
Hey, nice to hear something from you Walter - thank you for your kind words!! Of course I can upload a larger version ASAP, no problem

BTW, if you want to take a small walk "on the memory lane", I've got something for you... I think it looked the same in Imst as it looks here in Arzl I'd love to read your comment on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Excellent Pano very very nice thanks for sharing
Thank you hercules... gotta take a look at your mountain shot too

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Hey, nice to hear something from you Walter - thank you for your kind words!! Of course I can upload a larger version ASAP, no problem
Here it is - a 4000 pix wide version of my second panorama:

Hochzeiger pano in color

Enjoy!

Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:39 PM   #33

Hey, Markus!

I just downloaded this magnificent Hochzeiger-Panorama for my own, private use. It is very, very nice - i like it, not just because it reminds me of my youth (where has it gone....?), but because it is good!

Thank you for the download - and BTW, I wrote my second comments in this download-site, because after looking at it for the second time, I could not find my first comment (thought it had been erased...), so now you have two comments, one in German and one in English!

BTW. I am sorry for not having written sooner, but I have been very buisy getting hold of, and testing another camera (Nikon D300) for the past 2 weeks, and I hardly had time to visit Steve's.

And I realize now, that 2 weeks away from this site and I have completely lost my "connection", so to speak. So many new threads and posts I hardly know where to start reading them all

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:46 AM   #34

Thank you again Walter for your kind words, glad you like my second pano too

Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:11 PM   #35

Yesterday was a really sunny day here in Austria, so my fiancee and I drove to the vanishing-point "Gacher Blick", which is about 20 minutes away from where I live and about 1600 m above sea level.

We took a long walk there on the afternoon and warmed as up with a hot cup of coffee to wait until sunset... we wanted to get a sunset-panorama of this great view you have from up there...

..but unfortunately, the nearer the sunset came, the worse the weather got

Nevertheless we decided to shoot the pano - better than nothing, right? There's an important fact I have to tell you: This following pano was my fiancee's work - she did the shooting (six parts), the HDR-treatment (3-exposure shots (-2/-1/0) with DPHDR) and the stitching... I was just the "helping hand"

Now enjoy looking - any C&C is very welcome, my fiancee would be very happy to read the opinions of the experts here at Steve's

Name:  pano_komplett_dphdr_small.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  236.4 KB

We hope you like it!

BTW, this was about an hour before sunset... we didn't want to wait much longer in the blistering cold

@Walter: Maybe you can help me naming these mountains or villages.... we drove from Wenns to Piller Höhe, then comes Gacher Blick. I think you look down to Fließ and/or Prutz... maybe you know more than me

Last edited by maggo85; Feb 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:11 PM   #36

I have yet to see all but Oh I feel so sorry for you I loved doing puzzles and one of my fav's was Glosslockner.... and the Castle... but Lucky you that you are there in the home lands....
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:23 PM   #37

I love them and they look some what like Leavenworth, Washington which is set up top look like the Alps lovely town and sweet treats to go visit as well. I smell my candle wax brb.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:02 PM   #38

I will try to find my way around here, Markus, but first....

... I must say that your fiancé is going to beat your own record of beautiful Alpine-Panoramas with this one. It is a great panorama, well executed and exposed and with a great main focal-point [the mountain in the middle (Kaunerberg? Aifenspitze?)] and two valleys, one on each side. It is great for both of you (and for us!) when you can share such a great hobby. You better buy her a new camera quick!

About trying to recognise the mountains and the valleys with villages. It is kind of difficult because there is no sun that could show me which way is south and west. I suppose that you are looking south-west, so the snow-covered high mountains to the left in the picture must be the Ötztaler Alpen-massiv (just guessing, really?).

The rather low mountain in the middle must be part of Kaunerberg-area and most likely Aifespitze, because it is only 2500meters high, while the other behind it, are taller and should be part of the Kaunergrat (? just guessing) Verspeilspitze / Watzenspitze because they are 3.400m and 3.500 meters high.

On the right side: Now I am not sure if we are looking towards west or south-west. It looks to me as if we are looking towards Ladis / Fliess / Serfaus (I have worked at a hotel in Serfaus for 1 winter, when I was 18...), but I cannot see the Inn-river in the valley...?

No - hold on. The valley on the left must be the Inn-river. In this case we are looking at Faggen / Prutz down below in the valley, while the village on the slope (righthand side) must be Asters, Ladis / Obladis or Fiss. I am not sure about the mountains at all, because I have never been climbing outside of Imst and Pitztal.

Anyway - this was fun, and I am sure that you know these mountains better than me. After all, its been almost 50 years since I was there.

Thank you both for posting this great Alpine-Panorama!! Any chance of a full-size download? Pleeeeease!

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:55 PM   #39

After having looked well and long at this panorama, it came to me that the valley on the left and the valley on the right, is one and the same valley. Because of the photographic nature of this panorama (I think you almost have 180º view her) it seems distorted, going into two different directions, but it must be the same Valley, going south (left) and north (right)....? Right, Markus?

Anyway, the river on the bottom of the valley (seen only on the lefthand side) is the Inn-river. That is for sure!

As for the village seen on the righthand side - I have no idea, because I am really confused....
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:41 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
I have yet to see all but Oh I feel so sorry for you I loved doing puzzles and one of my fav's was Glosslockner.... and the Castle... but Lucky you that you are there in the home lands....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
I love them and they look some what like Leavenworth, Washington which is set up top look like the Alps lovely town and sweet treats to go visit as well. I smell my candle wax brb.
Thank you for commenting, SharpShotGal

Quote:
I will try to find my way around here, Markus, but first....

... I must say that your fiancé is going to beat your own record of beautiful Alpine-Panoramas with this one. It is a great panorama, well executed and exposed and with a great main focal-point [the mountain in the middle (Kaunerberg? Aifenspitze?)] and two valleys, one on each side. It is great for both of you (and for us!) when you can share such a great hobby. You better buy her a new camera quick!

About trying to recognise the mountains and the valleys with villages. It is kind of difficult because there is no sun that could show me which way is south and west. I suppose that you are looking south-west, so the snow-covered high mountains to the left in the picture must be the Ötztaler Alpen-massiv (just guessing, really?).

The rather low mountain in the middle must be part of Kaunerberg-area and most likely Aifespitze, because it is only 2500meters high, while the other behind it, are taller and should be part of the Kaunergrat (? just guessing) Verspeilspitze / Watzenspitze because they are 3.400m and 3.500 meters high.

On the right side: Now I am not sure if we are looking towards west or south-west. It looks to me as if we are looking towards Ladis / Fliess / Serfaus (I have worked at a hotel in Serfaus for 1 winter, when I was 18...), but I cannot see the Inn-river in the valley...?

No - hold on. The valley on the left must be the Inn-river. In this case we are looking at Faggen / Prutz down below in the valley, while the village on the slope (righthand side) must be Asters, Ladis / Obladis or Fiss. I am not sure about the mountains at all, because I have never been climbing outside of Imst and Pitztal.

Anyway - this was fun, and I am sure that you know these mountains better than me. After all, its been almost 50 years since I was there.

Thank you both for posting this great Alpine-Panorama!! Any chance of a full-size download? Pleeeeease!

Walter - first of all we like to thank you for your kind words, glad you like this panorama too! Talking bout your guessings - you definetly know more than me when it comes to this area... I think I'll have to ask my dad about the mountains

Of course I can upload a full-size version - I'll do that ASAP

Quote:
After having looked well and long at this panorama, it came to me that the valley on the left and the valley on the right, is one and the same valley. Because of the photographic nature of this panorama (I think you almost have 180º view her) it seems distorted, going into two different directions, but it must be the same Valley, going south (left) and north (right)....? Right, Markus?

Anyway, the river on the bottom of the valley (seen only on the lefthand side) is the Inn-river. That is for sure!

As for the village seen on the righthand side - I have no idea, because I am really confused....
You're absolutely right, this is almost a 180° view and the valley is the same on both sides... here you have a screenshot from Google Maps, so you can see where we took this pano from: "Gacher Blick" is marked with the "A" on the card, we looked to the left:

Name:  gacherblick.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  241.9 KB

So, looking at the map, on the left side of the pano we have Prutz and on the right side Fließ

Last edited by maggo85; Feb 23, 2010 at 12:50 AM.