Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:07 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
I really like the first picture, a lovely mood to it.

You last picture would also be very nice if you crop most of sky above the moon.

Just my 2 penny's worth.

Alasdair,

It's worth more than that. That's why I'm here, to learn about other people's opinions and I'm for sure interested in yours. Did you mean this one, now cropped?

//T

PS Just came home from some hours by the coast. There are some moon pictures on one of the cards- I'll see if yhere is something decent to show
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Alasdair,

It's worth more than that. That's why I'm here, to learn about other people's opinions and I'm for sure interested in yours. Did you mean this one, now cropped?

//T

PS Just came home from some hours by the coast. There are some moon pictures on one of the cards- I'll see if yhere is something decent to show
Did you crop more than just the top of this picture? I ment there was more on the sides. It almost looked like a path leading towards the moon, which was the effect I liked. Problem was that there was to much sky above the moon that made the picture too "heavy" imo.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:35 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Did you crop more than just the top of this picture? I ment there was more on the sides. It almost looked like a path leading towards the moon, which was the effect I liked. Problem was that there was to much sky above the moon that made the picture too "heavy" imo.
Jepp, I screwed it up, trying to rearrange the pictures. You then must mean this on. I cropped it to 16:9 aspect ratio, lowering the sky - Thanks for your interest. I'm not so happy with the moon itself - I mean the lack of colour and texture. Seems I did better today. I'll go through the pictures and post one. I'd be happy to hear what you have to say

I do my editing very, very late at night though; when everybody else is sleeping or at least pretend to be asleep :-)

//T
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:05 PM   #14

Alasdair,

Here is the unaltered .jpeg of the picture I think you meant. I'd like to see what you want to do with it

//T
Attached Images

Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:08 PM   #15

I like the 3rd one, it gives the eye allot more to key on. Smiles
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:27 PM   #16

As I've said before, I look at a picture as a piece of art. I like pictures to be as natural as possible, but I'm not afraid to enhance parts of pictures to produce a mood. Imo you sometimes use to high ISO and thereby get a less "dynamic" picture, I like twilight pictures to show the twilight and night pictures to show the night, very much like your #1. Anyway I'll let the picture speak for it's self and if you don't like it then let me know and I'll take it away. It's your property.

Oh and btw this is not HDR in any way! Just in case.

Last edited by Alasdair; Jan 29, 2010 at 2:28 PM. Reason: addition
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2010, 6:23 PM   #17

Quote:
As I've said before, I look at a picture as a piece of art. I like pictures to be as natural as possible, but I'm not afraid to enhance parts of pictures to produce a mood. Imo you sometimes use to high ISO and thereby get a less "dynamic" picture, I like twilight pictures to show the twilight and night pictures to show the night, very much like your #1. Anyway I'll let the picture speak for it's self and if you don't like it then let me know and I'll take it away. It's your property.

Oh and btw this is not HDR in any way! Just in case.

Alasdair,

Well, far to much manipulation for my taste. Would be better at the Digital art section. But I have full respect for you and all others those who like very strong colours

Had the luck yesterday to get a so so decent moon exposure, to my taste, with colour and texture. The sun lending colour to the moon, from it's "too big to fail bank". Not a close up but in the landscape.

The second picture here is as far as I would go, with a clean conscience. That's me :-) Tweak: yellow boost to the whole picture, a little colour burn and sharpening for the moon.

Of course there are people who would think of even these small tweaks as betrayal of "reality". I have full respect for them
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 31, 2010 at 7:35 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:57 AM   #18

Torgny!

I love the music and the lyrics of JJ Cale - So cool and relaxed, yet so powerful and deep really! And he knows how to handle a guitar!

I like your first 3 moon-shots, filtered through the needles of the pine-tree, with the night-sky and this lovely corona of colored light. Also the reflections in the ice-crystals on the twigs, like diamonds are a great catch. Its a very special, almost sacred mood - a bit "out of this world" and on a higher level like...

This is how it appeals to me, anyway.

When I look at # 1 on my 26" LCD-monitor and move my head up and down and left and right I get lots of different views!

I also like your 2 last moon-shots in # 17 - They are really great shots!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Torgny!

I love the music and the lyrics of JJ Cale - So cool and relaxed, yet so powerful and deep really! And he knows how to handle a guitar!

I like your first 3 moon-shots, filtered through the needles of the pine-tree, with the night-sky and this lovely corona of colored light. Also the reflections in the ice-crystals on the twigs, like diamonds are a great catch. Its a very special, almost sacred mood - a bit "out of this world" and on a higher level like...

This is how it appeals to me, anyway.

When I look at # 1 on my 26" LCD-monitor and move my head up and down and left and right I get lots of different views!

I also like your 2 last moon-shots in # 17 - They are really great shots!

Walter,

Thanks for viewing and the comments. Perhaps it is the blues/african heritage that is so appealing about the music of J J Cale.

Torgny
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:42 PM   #20

Have any of you ever wondered of the colors in the Clouds? I can say its the water, other wise known as Moisture in the air and that is why we get colors in different ways besides with a rainbow. and with the reflection of light as with the sun rays and the moon on the very brightest nights the closer the better of course...nice shot love it.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote