Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:28 PM   #1

Default Little red house on the hill and panorama-view of the small bay:

I'm not so good at finding titles for my threads so i try to just describe the content as good as possible. Anyway, I just wanted to post these two pictures, before the cold season is over.

Shooting pictures almost every day, I get backlogged with pp of all the pictures I should have done some time ago and sometimes I jump the 'Queue' a bit, posting newer pictures, leaving others behind. These one I left behind for some reason (beginning of January) until I doug them out today.

Here we go:

# 1 - "Little red house on the (little) snowy hill".

# 2 - A panoramic look of the small bay by the little red house on the hill: 1280pix x 501pixels

Personally I fell for the back-lighting on that little red utility-shed her on the left and the texture of the snow up-front with the shadowy parts in the footsteps in the knee-deep snow.
- It's all in the light!
And since I don't have a decent wideangle for my Panasonic G1, I have to keep on making panorama-stitches to show you what I want you to see!

For those of you having lower screen-resolution I'll resize this pano a little:

1024 x 400 pixels

I hope that you will appreciate the cold in the last picture, seen here with sea-smoke coming off the surface of the sea. This is a meteorolgical effect when air-temperatures are much lower than sea-temperatures. Condensation takes place at the surface between the air and the water and... (what the heck: read Wikipedias explanation of Seasmoke instead!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_smoke

Capisce?

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:35 PM   #2

Walter, do you work for the Norwegian Travel Bureau or something... and is your mission is make everyone in this forum want to move to Norway or what??? Holy cats. Love the sea smoke. Beautiful pictures! Keep up the good work...

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
...and is your mission is make everyone in this forum want to move to Norway or what???
No, quite the contrary - you can look at it as a warning not to! Who wants the cold for 6 months anyway. We have two winters her: One white winter and one green winter.

Norway is a country for people with special interest - or, being a masochist helps too!

Thanks for the kind words, Ned!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:50 PM   #4

Wells Finns sure like winter... and suana too... My son and other don't mind swimming in a hole in the lake... and then off to the sauna... I will have to document this when I get my camera... and show you some real masochist... As for me, I was born in Bermuda and lived in Southern California... before ending up in Sweden, England and now back to Finland. But Finns really enjoy their winters.

Thanks and you take care.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:51 PM   #5
Super Moderator

these look great walter. the low angle of the sun in your neck of the woods always gives you interesting lighting, which really highlights the textures and details not only of the building but of the seasmoke as well.

both shots are pleasing, #1 is balanced well, its not too tight, or too wide, including just the right amount of the scene. lovely foreground, and good details in the little red house. #2 works well as a pano, balance between the 2 buildings, emphasis on the sea smoke with the small bay in the middle, the boats a nice touch. i kind of wish the foreground part of the snow was just a shade brighter. but minor.

great set again walter.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:45 PM   #6

"We have two winters her: One white winter and one green winter."

In Canada, it's "six months of winter and six months of tough sledding."

Love those images by the sea. Is the red house a summer cottage perhaps?

Regards
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:47 PM   #7

Very very nice Walter
Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:59 PM   #8

As usual, these are gorgeous! And, while I wouldn't want to LIVE there, I surely wouldn't mind another visit. With your images, you give me that opportunity and I can do it from the warmth of my own home. Thanks!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 8:06 PM   #9

Gorgeous images!! I especially like the contours of the snow in the first picture, shooting snow can be a real challenge.
schent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:45 AM   #10

The detail in the snow is always amazing in your shots, so it is in this two! Love the lightning and the sea-smoke... and the composition of both of them!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote