Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 26, 2010, 9:40 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,953
Default January - Reflections of a new day

The night was very cold, and it still is, as I walk towards this vantage-point overlooking the small sound of "Kjøkøysundet" (don't even try to pronounce it..) not so far away from my house.
It's still dark (see last picture...) - only a faint glow over the distant hills on the other side of the water and the clouds above my head tell us that the sun is about to give chase to another night - as I set up my tripod and wait...



# 1 - A single-shot of the scene. The silvery, skin-like "thing" floating on the surface of the water, is freshly formed ice from the cold night. It always starts covering up along the coastline, where the current is weaker.




# 2 - A panorama-shot. 2 panels.



# 2 for those with less resolutions to their monitors:





# 3 - Another panorama-shot. 2 panels.



# 3 for those with less resolutions to their monitors:


Have a nice weekend!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 26, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

As usual, nice pictures, Walter! Great colour.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

very nice again walter. really nice colors

really like #2 from this set, it feels the most balanced to me.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:43 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
The night was very cold, and it still is, as I walk towards this vantage-point overlooking the small sound of "Kjøkøysundet" (don't even try to pronounce it..) not so far away from my house.
It's still dark (see last picture...) - only a faint glow over the distant hills on the other side of the water and the clouds above my head tell us that the sun is about to give chase to another night - as I set up my tripod and wait...



# 1 - A single-shot of the scene. The silvery, skin-like "thing" floating on the surface of the water, is freshly formed ice from the cold night. It always starts covering up along the coastline, where the current is weaker.


# 2 - A panorama-shot. 2 panels.

# 2 for those with less resolutions to their monitors:

# 3 - Another panorama-shot. 2 panels.

# 3 for those with less resolutions to their monitors:


Have a nice weekend!

Waler_S,

Glimrende, strålende. Radiating. That darkbluepurpleplumblue blue is a fact. You help me get over my colourfobia. Need some therapy obviously

Det blir svenskt på femmilen

Kökösundet. Är det riksmål eller nynorsk

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Alasdair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Posts: 233
Default

Absolutly lovely Walter. Really like how you capture the blues (which this winter is giving me ).
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
...That darkbluepurpleplumblue blue is a fact.
- Det blir svenskt på femmilen
- I like the idea of inventing new words (Bynx had a very clever, self-inveted expression which I don't remember), like your new color (I will call it "Torgny-blue" from now on!) PurplePlumBlue or PPB for short - because thats exactly what it is PPB!

- About the 50Km Nordic Ski-event. I couldn't care less who wins it. I am not into sports (I suppose I am an unnatural Norwegian) because IMO professional athletics today are self-indulgent, self-centered, decadent and narcissistic, pompous, stuck-up and megalomaniac egoists of the worst kind. They think they are the navel of the world...

- Kjøkøysundet er riksmål



...
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,193
Default

walter dont drop and break your camera mate LOL as usual excellent mate im greeeeeen with envy!
__________________
Nikon D600 / Nikon 50 1.8 G / Nikon 85 1.8 G Always wanting more! MY FLICKR
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
Absolutly lovely Walter. Really like how you capture the blues (which this winter is giving me ).
Thank you, Al - I just pressed the shutter-button. The camera did the rest. And then I joined the panels of the panorama in an almost automatic software-function. The hardes thing was to get out of a warm bed early in the morning, knowing it is minus 12º C outside....


And the color of the blues is kalled "Torgny-blue" - see previous post!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:22 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
As usual, nice pictures, Walter! Great colour.
Thank you, Ned! The color was just there, for me to pick.
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
very nice again walter. really nice colors...

Thanks for your kind comments, Dustin!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:53 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
- I like the idea of inventing new words (Bynx had a very clever, self-inveted expression which I don't remember), like your new color (I will call it "Torgny-blue" from now on!) PurplePlumBlue or PPB for short - because thats exactly what it is PPB!

- About the 50Km Nordic Ski-event. I couldn't care less who wins it. I am not into sports (I suppose I am an unnatural Norwegian) because IMO professional athletics today are self-indulgent, self-centered, decadent and narcissistic, pompous, stuck-up and megalomaniac egoists of the worst kind. They think they are the navel of the world... ...

Walter_S,

And that brightlemon(lime)peach yellow (there is actually some green in it as well) or how it could be described, that lasts so much shorter time, within the PPB (10 minutes perhaps?) That yellow is one of my absolute favourite colours

You seldom see that lovely yellow, at least not around here. These are genuine colours. Congratulations!


quote

"self-indulgent, self-centered, decadent and narcissistic, pompous, stuck-up and megalomaniac egoists of the worst kind. They think they are the navel of the world"

unquote


Now that you used the entire lexicon for sports , there's nothing left for me. What if they used that space for something of importance; like poetry in all forms, in words or in pictures or ...

//T

Last edited by Torgny; Feb 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:51 PM.