Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default A Winter Walk

Folks, spring is coming - since Saturday we have nearly 20° Celsius here in Austria, so I think it's time to say goodbye to the winter with some nice shots

These were taken on the day my wife (yes, we married on the 27th of February ) took this panorama... I haven't had much time to shoot, because her feet started to freeze... it was damn cold that afternoon up there 1600 m above sea level!

#1

Name:  _IMG_1323_rahmen.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  234.1 KB

#2

Name:  _IMG_1331_rahmen.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  217.9 KB

#3

Name:  _IMG_1335_lighroom_rahmen.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  244.2 KB

# 4

Name:  _IMG_1337_rahmen.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  235.2 KB

#5

Name:  _IMG_1341_rahmen.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  236.8 KB

As I said, I haven't had that much time, but I just wanted to show you how "much" snow we had where I live.... down in the valley it was less of course
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L

Last edited by maggo85; Mar 22, 2010 at 2:23 PM.
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

And the last two... C&C of course very welcome!

#6

Name:  _IMG_1353_rahmen.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  232.8 KB

#7

Name:  _IMG_1360_rahmen.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  218.3 KB

Thank you all for watching
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

I don't have anything bad to say about these shots. But there are two in particular with the sun shining right through the trees...

This is always a difficult thing to capture, and you made me feel that I should hold my hand up to my eyes, as I would if I was actually there - Nice work!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bluenose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 470
Default

All of the images make me feel that winter may not be so bad after all. If winter days were sunny and clear, the cold, snow, etc would be so much more bearable. (It appears in the first one that you may have captured the moon as well.)

Regards
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Oi, Markkus, greetings from here in Finland... Wow, what nice winter shots! Absolutely splendid. Fantastic composition and sharp pictures. Many thanks for sharing them. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,953
Default Congratulations on your marriage, Markus and Mrs. R. !!



So you got married in that lovely chapel then?
You have made a nice series of the last days or weeks of winter in Austria. Must be a nice feeling. There are two of them that I like in particular - # 4 and #6 which are my favorites.

Well done Markus!



Best wishes for the future to the both of you and best regards from Norway!



...
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:51 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
I don't have anything bad to say about these shots. But there are two in particular with the sun shining right through the trees...

This is always a difficult thing to capture, and you made me feel that I should hold my hand up to my eyes, as I would if I was actually there - Nice work!

Dave
Thank you for dropping by in the Landscape Forum and taking the time to comment my shots! That was exactly the way I wanted you to react - hold your hand up to your eyes

BTW, I just shot RAW on this afternoon, and then converted them to JPEG with Lightroom... so I "saved" a few shots that would have been way to dark when just shooting JPEG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose View Post
All of the images make me feel that winter may not be so bad after all. If winter days were sunny and clear, the cold, snow, etc would be so much more bearable. (It appears in the first one that you may have captured the moon as well.)

Regards
bluenose, you're right - that's the moon you can spot in #2
That's the other side of winter, the side I love about this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Oi, Markkus, greetings from here in Finland... Wow, what nice winter shots! Absolutely splendid. Fantastic composition and sharp pictures. Many thanks for sharing them. Ned
Hyvää huomenta Ned!

Wow, it's nice to hear such great words from a "N95-master-photographer" like you.... can't wait to see your "real" DSLR-photos

Greetings from Austria,
Markus
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:56 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post


So you got married in that lovely chapel then?
You have made a nice series of the last days or weeks of winter in Austria. Must be a nice feeling. There are two of them that I like in particular - # 4 and #6 which are my favorites.

Well done Markus!



Best wishes for the future to the both of you and best regards from Norway!



...
Walter.... thank you so much for your congratulations!!! We only married in the civil registry office (nur standesamtlich), the church wedding follows on the 24th of July this year in the church of Arzl... the chapel would be a bit to small for all of us

Thank you of course for your ever so kind words about my photos - I really appreciate that, glad you liked them!
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:55 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Hyvää huomenta Ned!

Wow, it's nice to hear such great words from a "N95-master-photographer" like you.... can't wait to see your "real" DSLR-photos

Greetings from Austria,
Markus
Hi Markkus! Many thanks for your kind words, indeed. Just met with my account last night He said that the "tax office" is back-logged with tax returns... what should take 3 weeks has become six... and I still have to wait...

Speaking of N95 photos, I tried a night-time shot, taken last weekend on my birthday, first day of Spring... we got more jok'n snow... Anyway, I experimented with the ISO 800 and did some night photography of a walking trail (which Finns are big on... walking trails are just as important as roads). Well, this my mobile phone Nokia N95. Nothing to write home about... but I still have to wait for the new camera. Take care and all the best. Ned
Attached Images
 
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:12 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Folks, spring is coming - since Saturday we have nearly 20° Celsius here in Austria, so I think it's time to say goodbye to the winter with some nice shots

These were taken on the day my wife (yes, we married on the 27th of February ) took this panorama... I haven't had much time to shoot, because her feet started to freeze... it was damn cold that afternoon up there 1600 m above sea level!

#1

Attachment 151158

#2

Attachment 151159

#3

Attachment 151160

# 4

Attachment 151161

#5

Attachment 151162

As I said, I haven't had that much time, but I just wanted to show you how "much" snow we had where I live.... down in the valley it was less of course

Markus,

Great pictures Markus, Have dealt with snow for three months now. I recognize your approach to sceneries like this. Straight forward. Gerade aus

Torgny

If I may just lift out this picture. We've nothing like it here. Wonderful image. Downloaded it and checked it out in Ps. You've got plenty of detail in the shadows. Very good exposure with many possibilities. Beautiful
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:09 AM.