Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:51 PM   #1

Default Shot of my city

A shot I took last fall here in the big city that's getting some mileage...it was chosen for the cover of the annual municipal calendar...and the city's museum just last week licenced it to use as a 35 foot mural in a new children's museum they're designing.
Attached Images

Last edited by goomer; Mar 24, 2010 at 3:32 PM.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:07 PM   #2

This is truly a gorgeous Cityscape, with the buildings cleverly disguised as mountains and trees. What City is this?

On the other hand, if judged as a landscape it well deserves the praise that it's getting. Wonderful job of a landscape...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:39 PM   #3

Hehe... your quite right Dave and thank you. That's the beauty of this city, behind that tree line and before the mountains in the back is the North side of Kamloops with a population of near 30 000, they're just very well hidden (city total 90 000) . Just outside the frame to the right is the downtown. I think that's why the photo is getting attention from the city...it looks like a landscape view and it's literally 3 minutes from downtown...in fact this was taken on the road that leads to the city dump :-)
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goomer View Post
Hehe... your quite right Dave and thank you. That's the beauty of this city, behind that tree line and before the mountains in the back is the North side of Kamloops with a population of near 30 000, they're just very well hidden (city total 90 000) . Just outside the frame to the right is the downtown. I think that's why the photo is getting attention from the city...it looks like a landscape view and it's literally 3 minutes from downtown...in fact this was taken on the road that leads to the city dump :-)
Bwahahah! I actually thought the title was a typo...

But it's a stunning, beautiful shot, whatever the title, and well deserving of recognition!!!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:10 PM   #5
Super Moderator

I too thought you were being tongue-in-cheek about the whole city thing. but what a beautiful place to live you have there!

and it really is a gorgeous photograph. great sky, nice layers, good perspective, great colors. as dave has mentioned, you deserve the recognition.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:57 AM   #6

Fantastic colors and an amazing sky - I love the composition and perspective. Thank's for sharing

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote