Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:23 PM   #1

Default Raymondskill Falls in Milford, PA

We took pictures at Raymondskill Falls. The falls at 180 feet is the tallest in Pennsylvania. It is only about 3 miles from the town of Milford, Pennsylvania where the Grey Towers and The Columns Museum are located.

So in and about the small 0.5 square mile (1.3 sq. km.) town of Milford with a population of only about a thousand are already three I would say not so minor attractions. Not to mention the Poconos which has been a popular honeymoon destination for decades in the United States.

If you visit New York City and at some point “have had enough” of the city, Poconos with its laidback country atmosphere may be the worthwhile addition to your itinerary.

1) Raymondskill Falls.

#2) To get a sense of scale, there are actually people standing at the top of the falls.

#3) Trail. The hike to the falls is hardly a "hike" at all. The path from the parking lot because of its rocky and uneven mountain terrain has to be classified as a "hike" even though it's really more of a "walk".

#4) Rock at the top of the falls.

#5) Water at the top of the falls.

#6) The drop.

Thank you for looking. C&C welcome.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:21 AM   #2

I almost felt the cooling breath of this fascinating place of emerald!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:44 AM   #3

Thank you, bahadir! Yes the air was refreshingly cool.

I remember when I viewed my NYC pictures of the Rockefeller and Metlife buildings on my computer last week, the air looked crisp and cool. When in fact, I was sweating from the humidity and heat rising from the pavement when I took them, not to mention getting a roasting from the hot air trailing the back of a passing bus.

Pictures can sometimes cast a different clime from what actually is. But in the case of the falls here, what you see is really what you get.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:10 AM   #4

beautiful colors as far as i am concerned. really great set
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:59 PM   #5

Thanks, ronin2307.

I added two more.

#7) There's a small cave along one of the trails. This is from the inside looking out.

#8) You can walk across the top of the falls -- and fall if not careful as there are no railings.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:27 PM   #6
spy

I'd be scoping out this place for sure to take some falls pics under moon light. Have you considered trying that out? Are you far from this place?
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:01 AM   #7

Amazing shots!
Beautiful.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:26 PM   #8

spy, I like the idea. We've done a lot of shooting during the day but haven't done any under moonlight. Raymondskill is about 40 minutes away so not very near but we might take your idea on somewhere closer. Thanks!

Thanks, Daniel! One of the waterfalls in NY state (Kaaterskill Falls) do not allow hiking up the top of the falls because people can fall to their deaths, as one apparently did, much to the protest of hikers. Apparently, that is not the case in Pennsylvania.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
spy, I like the idea. We've done a lot of shooting during the day but haven't done any under moonlight. Raymondskill is about 40 minutes away so not very near but we might take your idea on somewhere closer. Thanks!

Thanks, Daniel! One of the waterfalls in NY state (Kaaterskill Falls) do not allow hiking up the top of the falls because people can fall to their deaths, as one apparently did, much to the protest of hikers. Apparently, that is not the case in Pennsylvania.
It´s interesting to see and hear you talk about USA. I really like that country.
Thanks for sharing.

Take care/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:48 PM   #10

You're welcome, Daniel.

I just recently learned that "kill" is Dutch for "river" -- Catskills, Bushkill, Kaaterskill, etc. -- as the Dutch were the earliest European settlers in NY State all the way up to Albany, and now I guess with "Raymondskill" in northeastern Pennsylvania, too.