Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:14 AM   #11

Thank you for posting these great pictures. These are some of my favorite shots on this forum. A lot can be done with "simple" grass. Where were they taken?
h_seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:26 AM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_seldon View Post
Thank you for posting these great pictures. These are some of my favorite shots on this forum. A lot can be done with "simple" grass. Where were they taken?

h_seldon,

Thank you for viewing and commenting. Welcome to the forums. Grass - yes, my favourite motive. Touched not only by light but also by winds. Could have been taken almost anywhere, I think

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Sep 11, 2010 at 6:28 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:56 AM   #13

The first one got my attention. The band of coppery gold across the screen, with the light dancing through the grass, was very striking. That single dark bush is critical to making the picture work, BTW.

I can only imagine what Van Gogh might have made of this one.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:14 PM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
The first one got my attention. The band of coppery gold across the screen, with the light dancing through the grass, was very striking. That single dark bush is critical to making the picture work, BTW.

I can only imagine what Van Gogh might have made of this one.

The Barbarian,

When I was riding on that very narrow, basically one way country road, and saw the scenery, I thought about the painter you mentioned.

He could have done anything he wanted. First and foremost he would have made the scenery more tangible

Been standing in front of his paintings at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. The strange thing is that although the strokes are pretty rough, you see through them and get a feeling that you get very close to the reality

He must have had an enhanced perception of reality, long before the happy sixties and seventies

(The "Das Ding an sich" - thingy)

Yes, without the dark part in the upper left corner my photo would have been nothing. Strange - bahadir would have been able to explain it

Torgny

A crop from another exposure, the Juniper shrubs (bush) - What a scent

Wish you a nice weekend

Torgny
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Sep 11, 2010 at 3:19 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post

When I was riding on that very narrow, basically one way country road, and saw the scenery, I thought about the painter you mentioned.

He could have done anything he wanted. First and foremost he would have made the scenery more tangible

Been standing in front of his paintings at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. The strange thing is that although the strokes are pretty rough, you see through them and get a feeling that you get very close to the reality

He must have had an enhanced perception of reality, long before the happy sixties and seventies

(The "Das Ding an sich" - thingy)

Yes, without the dark part in the upper left corner my photo would have been nothing. Strange - bahadir would have been able to explain it
Yes. I miss him. I hope he is doing well, and maybe might drop in again soon.

Quote:
Wish you a nice weekend

Torgny
You too.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote