Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:55 PM   #11

I wish NYC had congestion pricing. That would make me a happy camper. Not as many cars in Manhattan.

There is always something nice with open public spaces without cars.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:06 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
I wish NYC had congestion pricing. That would make me a happy camper. Not as many cars in Manhattan.

There is always something nice with open public spaces without cars.

Yes, it's about freedom. You feel that you own the streets, like in demonstrations. Puh, time to turn in. This'll be the last picture for tonight, something to sleep on

//T
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 23, 2010 at 7:29 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:15 AM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Good morning. I wasn't quite finished with this tram thread
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:18 AM   #14
Super Moderator

i like the 1st one here. nice lines and shooting into the sun adds some interest. tricky shot, but turned out well.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:51 AM   #15

Great pics! We used to have trams ("tranvías") in Argentina and some stupid governor decided to put them out (big business with the rails). When i was in school, i took the tram and was in the center of Buenos Aires in 20'. Today its a 30' in a car.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
i like the 1st one here. nice lines and shooting into the sun adds some interest. tricky shot, but turned out well.

Hards80,

Oh, you think so. Great. It was a special afternoon in two ways.

One hour the sun broke through, the other it was drizzling (what a great word).

And there were very few people around. Sunday afternoon. Tourist season over. People cooking dinner or whatever

I had gone down to the center of the city with my two friends. The articulated purpose was to depict the "tram city". Somehow the outcome surprised me

The first picture. I knew I would have to sit with it for quite a while. Directly into the very strong sun. I often do that; with various results to put it moderately

But to me anyhow it can be rewarding "to shoot wildly (or very much planned) directly into the sun"

Thank you very much for viewing and commenting

Torgny

Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:03 AM   #17
Super Moderator

i was wondering why there were so few people about. i think that you were rewarded well for showing up at a time with few ppl around to distract and then taking the time to get the moment right on #1. the texture of the clouds is accentuated with the angle of the sun and i really like the crossing lines of the tracks and the overhead tram lines.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Great pics! We used to have trams ("tranvías") in Argentina and some stupid governor decided to put them out (big business with the rails). When i was in school, i took the tram and was in the center of Buenos Aires in 20'. Today its a 30' in a car.

Ordo,

Listened to a lecture by Noam Chomsky. He could tell that a train he and his wife ......... was one minute faster than 40 years ago. Seems there is better use for the money than limitary spending

//T

Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
i was wondering why there were so few people about. i think that you were rewarded well for showing up at a time with few ppl around to distract and then taking the time to get the moment right on #1. the texture of the clouds is accentuated with the angle of the sun and i really like the crossing lines of the tracks and the overhead tram lines.

Thanks for following the thread. Yes, there are pictures that you want to clearify the structure of by using a sketch block. Not everybody can describe in words

//T