Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:08 PM   #1

Default Fall in the Cascades

headed east on the North Cascades Highway yesterday looking for some fall color... found a few places showing some nice hues, but was rather disappointed at the lack of color at the higher elevations. hardly any vine maples to provide the red, but plenty of yellows and oranges... all shot with the 5D and Tammy 24-135, various settings...

a hillside east of the town of Concrete... the morning clouds hadn't burned off yet, and were still clinging to the hill tops...

a small farm along the Skagit River...

fall color along Canyon Creek...

got east of the mountains, and found a one-lane gravel road just west of Winthrop that i'd shot several years ago... the reds weren't so much in evidence this time around, but the golds were definitely out... these were shot well after sundown, and the 8-second exposures don't give the colors the 'pop' they'd have in brighter light, but by the time i got this far east it was getting pretty late...

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:36 AM   #2

Beautiful colors...
Canon Lens EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS
Canon Lens EF500mm F4L IS USM
Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX Macro
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 Wide angle
hanalwala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 3:16 AM   #3

Lovely Colors bringing me to feel fall... Again....the way I did in Wyoming near
Fort Bridger.. Great Captures!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:45 AM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nicely done..I especially like the last image!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Super Moderator

these are really nice. very classic set of images. well done, wish we had some color here
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:56 AM   #6
sds

All are great and I really like the one with the barn and clouds.
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 5:58 PM   #7

These are all really nice. I like the first three the best with #3 the favorite for me.
schent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:45 PM   #8

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirl033 View Post
headed east on the North Cascades Highway yesterday looking for some fall color... found a few places showing some nice hues, but was rather disappointed at the lack of color at the higher elevations. hardly any vine maples to provide the red, but plenty of yellows and oranges... all shot with the 5D and Tammy 24-135, various settings...

a hillside east of the town of Concrete... the morning clouds hadn't burned off yet, and were still clinging to the hill tops...

a small farm along the Skagit River...

fall color along Canyon Creek...

got east of the mountains, and found a one-lane gravel road just west of Winthrop that i'd shot several years ago... the reds weren't so much in evidence this time around, but the golds were definitely out... these were shot well after sundown, and the 8-second exposures don't give the colors the 'pop' they'd have in brighter light, but by the time i got this far east it was getting pretty late...

Rocky,

Have no words for the sublimity of the two fog pictures. At this moment, in the beginning of the month of October, I wish I could do something like that. I find comfort though, knowing that such pictures already have been made

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Oct 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote