Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:04 PM   #1

Default 2 nice photos. Beach vs Djungel

Took this photo @*Palm Cove beach in QLD Australia. What do you guys think? Maybe a bit on the dark side right? But I quite like it that way, makes it more mystique =)
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:39 PM   #2

Hi Istvan

Thanks for taking these photos and placing on this post.

I think they are a bit dark, but then again - it's very difficult to expose for such a vast dynamic range (sky is very bright and part below trees in shadows).

Thus I think this photo could be a good candidate for HDR (see the dedicated area on this forum) or shadow/highlights post processing work.

By the way, do you mean "Jungle"? (not 'djungel'?) I can also speak Hungarian; your name looks to be Hungarian.

Cheers.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:47 PM   #3

Since I am not into post processing and cannot say anything on the matter will say something about shooting in general. The photo on the right is great, IMHO. I like it. It does have an feeling of mystery about it. The one on the right has too much light, IMHO, coming from the back...if I were there to shoot it, I would: come earlier or later and shoot when sun is lower to get less glare, B shoot from a different position, or both, C use a different set up to see if I could get the glare down without compromising the picture.
Other than the light from that side, it is a great shot.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:24 AM   #4

Paul, thanks buddy. Yeah I know maybe a bit to dark. Yeah a HDR photo would look good, the pic was much darker in the begining but I played around a bit with the settings in CS5. I think also that the pics would look good in B&W. Gonna try that out aswell. But since I'm travelling alot right now. I don't really have the time to work with the pics to long =(

Yeah sorry about that, of course I ment Jungle, just that english is my 3rd language, so I mix the words up sometimes. And yes, I also speek hungarian and swedish =)

Lisa, thank you! I see what you mean. Unfortinatly we were not there to take pics that day, so couldn't really know how the sun would be at that time, neither did I know that there would be some nice spots to take photos on. Just captured the moment
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:50 AM   #5

Szia Istvan

No worries. Hopefully you can use Martin's autohdr program (see hdr section) to add some 'high dynamic' input into it. I hadn't thought of b&w... not sure it will work with this one (too much random detail to work, in my humble opinion). But then again, I'm not much of a b&w fan.

I understand what you mean, travelling a lot. Just whenever it might work out. Well done with your English. Magyar (Hungarian) and English are quite different languages. Hungarian is my 4th language, I speak 5 languages (as well as English & Hungarian: also Dutch, Romanian and Australian sign language).

Udv,

Paul / Pali
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:36 PM   #6

Hi Istvan,
I really like the pics, they make me think of a Lord of the rings film set. I reckon some morning mist along the river or soft bleeding the highlights through the branches would make even more mystique.
This is great seeing these interesting places from your Travels.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote