Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:19 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp50 View Post
one five and six are really nice Torgny, It gives me the feel of winters embrace. Frank

Oh,

Thank you, Frank. Very helpful. There are many great things with this forum. You can get, at times, immediate response, tips and advice. There are no separate groups for mutual admiration. And more

Personally I post so/too many pictures because I have yet to learn about other people's taste

Yes, snow can be very warming also physically. Think of the innuit "igloos". Bivack is a way to dig yourself into the snow, creating a small room for yourself

Way up north there are small very primitive "cottages". In winter it is custom to arrange matches in the box so they can be accessed also for very very numb(?) fingers. With the goal to be able to make up fire

It can be a matter of life and death

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Dec 15, 2010 at 2:52 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:26 PM   #12

Hi Torgny,
5 3 and 1 are my faves. It's that bench again. Very nice shots.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:16 PM   #13

Well Torgny, In my opinion you can never post too many pics, as I get to know you also through them. Each one is a small peak into your personality and so far I like what I see Frank
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:41 PM   #14

Hi Torgny, as usual I have enjoyed your pictures of an alien landscape. I think the last time we had snow here that actually stuck was 1972. Last night we broke a record for cold. -5.5 celcius.

I like the poem very much. Another american poet wrote a poem appropriate for your pictures.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost

I have always liked this poem.

Always enjoy seeing Siirka enjoying herself.

I'm going to risk political correctness and wish you a Merry Christman and Happy new Year!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:51 PM   #15

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorman View Post
Hi Torgny,
5 3 and 1 are my faves. It's that bench again. Very nice shots.
Mark

Yes, Mark,

There must be some explanation to the attraction of pictures with benches. Thank you

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
Hi Torgny, as usual I have enjoyed your pictures of an alien landscape. I think the last time we had snow here that actually stuck was 1972. Last night we broke a record for cold. -5.5 celcius.

I like the poem very much. Another american poet wrote a poem appropriate for your pictures.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost

I have always liked this poem.

Always enjoy seeing Siirka enjoying herself.

I'm going to risk political correctness and wish you a Merry Christman and Happy new Year!

Robert,

-5,5 Celsius. You may get white holidays . I read some about Robert Frost. Seems he wasn't exactly overly "jolly" all of the time. Thank you for presenting the poem

Yes, it catches the mood. Basic content structure, to me: The tension between the outsider, the alien(?), perhaps without a steady home, a passer, a rider by, on one hand, and a possessor, land owner, on the other hand.

So different from the native American view that land can't be "owned". Can almost hear encircling Indians and the cool coyote call

Same to you and yours, Robert

Torgny

Yes, my little wolf is in her right element this time of the year

Last edited by Torgny; Dec 15, 2010 at 1:49 PM.