Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:18 AM   #1

Default Deforestation

A couple of years ago this was a lush coniferous forest but the lord of the land set about with deforestation.
And to such a waste... Nothing has been planned as what to do with the land and not completely deforested either...such waste.

Very tricky lightning as it was both overcast and not at the same time.
I was going to make an HDR of this but I only needed the one RAW file to exctract enough detail that I was going for up in the clouds.

enjoy ! and be sure to comment if you like/dislike

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:33 PM   #2

Since they did noto take all the standing timber they actually gave fate they know that when ya have to many trees the ground can not contain any wetness nor does it get enough sun to warm the soils which is needed to have regrowth so dont worry much about it all ... As well there is o room for the eagles or other bigger fowl to hunt if there was just all trees... there would only be hiding growth... this up on top is great for the whole process of regrowth and the animals and fowl Nice shot there the only thing that would be a concern is nesting area so gather those boy scouts to build some nesting boxes to place on the remaining standing timber... they do get used if no o ne is coming around or if the food source is great.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:25 AM   #3

While I can't tell you that I don't like your picture, it seems to be missing something specific for an interest factor. The scene is rather lifeless with the dead tree lying on the ground as the only focal point to attract attention and doesn't have the wow factor I have seen in some of your post. But as the title indicates you were trying to portray a scene of tragedy which i guess this does pretty well. Frank