Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:21 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default From The Ices

Picture number one
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:26 PM   #2

A lot of movement there Torgny, what is under the ice? I am kind of expecting something to come up out of it and spook me!! LOL .......Frank
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:52 AM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp50 View Post
A lot of movement there Torgny, what is under the ice? I am kind of expecting something to come up out of it and spook me!! LOL .......Frank
Frank,

Yes, there is a lot of movement contributing to shape the ice. The Mighty Goth River meets the sea just outside into the bay. Sweetwater and saltwater mixed and the ever flowing river

Don't think the Loch Ness ...... would like salt water. You can see seals, though, if you're lucky

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:18 AM   #4

From the ices picture number two
Attached Images

Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:02 PM   #5

Great shots Torgny
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:05 PM   #6
Super Moderator

love them, great perspective leads to great feeling of depth.

the great foreground and interesting ice formations work well in #1 and love the golden light of #2.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:49 PM   #7

hercules,

Dustin,

Thank you very much for viewing and the comments

Torgny

Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:15 AM   #8

I really like these ... but feel they could have been even better. The one with the dog in it needs the animal to be sharp and better 'posed' (good luck with that) !

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:08 AM   #9

Frogfish,

Thank you very much for viewing and the comments

Torgny