Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:30 PM   #1

Default Winter Gown

I got out and about when I went to do some research in Tacoma I decided to go get some of Mt Rainier with her gown of white snow... she was alive fully viewable. The only thing is the wires running across the top and middle and a little tilt off... any want a go at making it better?
Attached Images

SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:10 AM   #2

I love it SharpShotGal. The contrasting colours are beautiful and the snow, so white. Very ethereal.
Photoshop Elements would easily get rid of the wires if it bothers you. Cheers Lyn
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:07 PM   #3

Nice pick.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:38 PM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
I got out and about when I went to do some research in Tacoma I decided to go get some of Mt Rainier with her gown of white snow... she was alive fully viewable. The only thing is the wires running across the top and middle and a little tilt off... any want a go at making it better?

SSG,

What wouldn't I do. Hope I got it all. Photoshop CS5 Spot healing tool. content aware option

Great picture - well worth .....

Four simple and precious things

Pines
Mountain
Top cloud
Sky

Hope it's not a candidate for mountaintop removal. What do the first nation people say about that

Beautiful, SSG

//T
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:27 PM   #5

Thanks to all It s a great shot that's for sure!
Torgny Thanks for removing the wires it looks great. Just how long did it take you to heal this one? I could of gotten to it but once I am up and done doing the other work my son comes home and that's were I let him go at the computer..

I know they would not want that done at all Neither would I to take away some lovely shots would be to loose all meaning of what Photography is about... again Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 4:37 AM   #6

love it.

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 1:27 PM   #7

excellent shot of "The Mountain"... i seldom see it from that angle, at least not when i have my camera handy...

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 3:50 PM   #8

Just a beautiful shot. Cloning out the wires does improve it greatly.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:20 PM   #9

I rarely get out there since I am in Port Orchard this is Graham Hill off the side on a dead end street... I do now of other places to go as well to get some southern shots or Northern shots can wait till the weather gets a bit warm so I can try to hit the pass up north...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
I rarely get out there since I am in Port Orchard this is Graham Hill off the side on a dead end street... I do now of other places to go as well to get some southern shots or Northern shots can wait till the weather gets a bit warm so I can try to hit the pass up north...

yeah, once it warms up and they open Cayuse Pass, i'm planning on getting up to the mountain again myself. there are several places i'd really like to shoot from, but in years past i've always waited too late into summer. i think this year i may try to get up there as soon as the roads open to Sunrise and Paradise...

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote