Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 9, 2011, 4:46 PM   #11

My first impression was of dented sheet metal. Reflections are your canvas for whatever it is you want to show us.

But I suppose reflections are all we have as photographers, um?
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 1:48 AM   #12

In that last picture, in what looks like an island to you, I see the head of a bird. Beginning on the far right of the island, his beak is black on the end and yellow in the middle. There even appears to be an eye behind the beak. It almost looks like a flamingo quartering towards the camera. Maybe I am nuts...it is pretty late.
Soup
Soupcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:56 AM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
My first impression was of dented sheet metal. Reflections are your canvas for whatever it is you want to show us.

But I suppose reflections are all we have as photographers, um?

The Barbarian,

Yes, reflections is all we got. And reflections of reflections etcetera. Personally I can manage six meta abstraction levels. Higher up it all fades away

Plato, as you probably know, has his cave allegory, starting point for many philosophy classes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:59 AM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupcreek View Post
In that last picture, in what looks like an island to you, I see the head of a bird. Beginning on the far right of the island, his beak is black on the end and yellow in the middle. There even appears to be an eye behind the beak. It almost looks like a flamingo quartering towards the camera. Maybe I am nuts...it is pretty late.
Soup

Soup,

Now that you say it I can see it too Human brains work that way; we want to make something intelligible out of an often chaotic reality.

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 2:28 PM   #15

I'll definitely try Flickr. Re: posts (am assuming you're talking about photos), I uploaded quite a few of them in 'my album.' Was new to the forum, and didn't realize that most people just post w/in the thread.

Thnx for the info...

...k...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Katsi,

If you want the best quality you can first upload to a site like Flickr and then use the URL of that picture at Flickr to upload to Steve's. Much, much better quality. Personally I'm too lazy, but you might consider it wortwhile

Whichever method you use; good luck with your posts. Haven't seen many yet

Torgny

"Creativity is about the play & a kind of willingness to go with your intuition. It's crucial to an artist." ... Frank Gehry ...
Katsi is offline   Reply With Quote