Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:31 AM   #1
spy

Default a couple b/w's

Pouring through images from a photo outing I did last year, these two stuck out from the bunch for me. The boats are from Ghost Dam, about an hour or west of Calgary and then just a little further down the same road is the McDougall United Memorial Church located in Morley, Alberta.

Kevin
www.poetryofmotion.com
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:40 AM   #2
Super Moderator

nice work again Kevin, as usual

both have the classic spy feel to them. #1 always like shots of sailboats on the lake, this one sets a good tranquil feel though i may have just cloned out the one boat on the right where u only caught the very tip of it. #2 this one is my favorite of this pair. i just love the perspective and the way the lines of the sky seem to radiate outward from the old churhc, this really very effectively draws the eyes to the church and almost give its a ring of light befitting its ties to religion, etc. this radial pattern is also evident on the suburst peaking out on the left side.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:10 AM   #3
spy

Thanks for that Dustin. I did take notice of the boat on the side and agree that I should have cloned it out. I have done that and it now doesn't draw your eye over to that point.

Cheers!
Kevin
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:23 PM   #4

Nice photos as usual! But it seems to me that the pictures are a litle bit to dark maybe?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:07 PM   #5

Great photos. The first has a film look to it... actually almost a pinhole cam look. I like it.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 8:46 AM   #6
spy

Thank you Istvan and Brad for stopping by. Always striving to capture mood, I start out by either shooting very early or late in the day or even in the middle of the night. The dark tone of my photos creates this mood which adds another dimension or a level of mystery to the image.

As a photographer in my 8th year, I'm drawn to 'darker' scenes. It's like one's 'fingerprint' if you think about it.....it says a lot about the person them selves.

"They" say you can also tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear, the car they drive or even the friends they keep.

Kevin
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:21 AM   #7

I had to come back to the thread to look at the boats pic again. The observations that I made about it are the reasons that I really dig it.

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 4:11 PM   #8

I am in a "love black and white" mood right now so I really love these shots. But I really love all of your shots regardless of B/W or colour.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote