Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 23, 2011, 7:56 AM   #1

Default Hamlets of Scotchtown and Circleville After a Spring Shower

The skies usually put on a show after some spring showers. So last weekend, I didn't want to miss out after the rain and took these photos in the hamlets of Scotchtown and Circleville in the town of Wallkill in New York a few minutes before sunset.

#1) Presbyterian Church in Scotchtown near the corner of Blumel Rd. and Goshen Turnpike.

#2) Lake Henneside, Circleville.

#3) Wooden bridge on Lake Henneside, Circleville.

Thank you for looking. C&C welcome.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2011, 1:21 PM   #2

The clouds and the sky in general in # 1 is just plain stunning, or shall we say "astounding"...?

Really, this setting here with the church-steeple in the middle of this great lit sky, its almost like a biblical scene, except they didn' have digital cameras then, and no red Toyotas neither, which is the thing that "hurts my eyes".

# 2 is a lovely and very calm painting with all its reflections on the water. Is this done with Topaz adjust, by the way...?
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 8:58 PM   #3

great skies there !! nice Post work too !!

Jimmy Buffett
jaharris1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 10:20 AM   #4

Thank you, Walter, jaharris1001.

Yes, Walter, Topaz Adjust after DPHDR5.

#4) Cemetery in front of church (looking east). The wind was "calm", according to weather.com. Wind speed has become an important trigger for me to get out and take pictures because of HDR. As you can see, there is no "ghosting" in the leaves. They were perfectly still in the 5 shots I used for this HDR-edit.
Old May 25, 2011, 6:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
Wind speed has become an important trigger for me to get out and take pictures because of HDR....
I can really syphatise with you, vvcarpio, because I myself am an eager and shall I say almost addicted HDR-photographer, always on the lookout for scenes, but as you say, wind is one of our most annoying enemies - that and something else that applies more to me than to you, but which is equally annoying - slapping waves that make moored boats move! Grrrrrrrr!

But this here lovely graveyard-scene is really wonderful, with a lovely sky and clouds.

Geat!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 11:23 AM   #6

Thanks, Walter. Yes, when weather.com says "10mph" winds I'd get all worked up. When it says "calm" as it did last weekend (that was the first time I saw "calm") coupled with clouds in the sky and the rain just stopped, then I'm heading out to shoot some photos come hell or high water.

#5) There are 3 wooden bridges on Lake Henneside. #3 is atop the intersection of Lake Henneside and a pond. The one below is on top of a creek where water flows into Lake Henneside.

#6) And this one lets water out of Lake Henneside into another narrow creek.