Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 25, 2011, 5:05 AM   #11

Default Great scene!

I agree with the dorky title-comment of Streets, specially for a foreigner who's mother tongue is not English - "Worm Hole" does not tell me anything, but the alternative "End Of World" certainly would - especially since we just managed to survived May 23rd...
;o)

I think this capture of that motive of yours is the best one yet of this small church. Its almost poetic with that yellow foreground (are those dandelions?), but it's the sky, the clouds and the special light in the clouds that make this picture. And your special touch of composition, of cours!
On the other hand, the total absence of color in the sky puzzles me a bit and makes me wonder what it would look like with some blue sky...

:^)

Also the composite picture of 20 - 2.5 second shots stacked in this other thread of yours is great, though ominous-looking and giving the scene a bit of a sinister or hostile touch, but very interesting photograpy-wise!

Best regards,
Walter

Last edited by Walter_S; May 25, 2011 at 5:08 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 6:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
... I always try to capture in 3's to give the viewer a lot to look at and plenty of matter to tour guide the eyes around. The 3 important elements to a photo is interesting foreground, subject and background...tie them together somehow and present in hopes others will like it and be inspired.
Both the church and sky are strong enough to be the subject of individual photos. Better than that, IMHO, is how your composition ties them together via the flowers for a circular tour of the elements. I enjoyed the tour.
ItDontMeanAThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 9:08 AM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Hey,

Everyone the slightest interested in astronomy knows what worm hole means - very well chosen title.

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 10:31 AM   #14
spy

Thanks for the added interest here. The reference to "worm hole" is used a lot in space Sci fi shows when the space craft is about to be sucked in and you've got Captain Kurk shouting "MORE POWER SCOTTY"!, then Scotty from the engine room screams back, "SHES GIVING ALL SHES GOT! Its at this moment a wide view of impending distruction clamps down on the space ship and just before being sucked into the Worm Hole a dark gloved hand appears out of nowhere to pick up the space ship and move it out of impending doom.

Now, don't tell anyone I like those shows and believe in Worm Holes. :P

Last edited by spy; May 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 2:09 PM   #15

I can see now, where my ingnorance took a turn to the wors.
I'm not the slightes interested in astronomy (just kicking Torgny's leg, really...) and I never cared for Sci fi neither - hopless, it seems...

Ah well, I got along so far. As long as I can find my own behind with my hands, I am not worried!

Cheers guys!
:~)

Last edited by Walter_S; May 25, 2011 at 2:42 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 2:17 PM   #16
spy

Lol =d
spy is offline   Reply With Quote