Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 3, 2011, 8:53 PM   #1
spy

Default Ribbon Falls, or rather just the hike.

The start of Ribbon Falls Trail is at the base of Nakiska ski hill just off the #40 highway in Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada. It was a much longer hike than we actually did to get to the falls as we were stopped in our tracks from a driving rain. Earlier, my wife, daughter and I contemplated turning around as the mountains ahead would all but disappear in the system of rain climbing over them but we just thought it would blow over or miss us all together....WRONG!

We all jumped under a big tree for shelter and thought we'd just wait it out but as we sat there and munched on granola bars and apples, the cold was settling in and we made the sad decision to turn around and go back to the car. By the time we arrived back, we were sore and soaking wet and all looked like drowned rats.....the dog more-so as he dunked himself in the river a few times along the way!

I've never been turned around before on a trail so we're just going to have to tackle this one again.

5dmII, ISO 400, 1/1250, f2.8

Kevin
www.poetryofmotion.com
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:46 PM   #2
spy

#2,....before the rain showers.

As we were making our way up the trail, the sun would stream through the trees highlighting the forest floor in places. I could have shot scenes like this all day but we were walking fast as we had quite a long walk to do.

Kevin
Attached Images

Old Jul 5, 2011, 9:34 AM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
#2,....before the rain showers.

As we were making our way up the trail, the sun would stream through the trees highlighting the forest floor in places. I could have shot scenes like this all day but we were walking fast as we had quite a long walk to do.

Kevin

Great photo. Someone said "We don't have time to hurry" -

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:53 PM   #4

Great shots Kevin. Pity about the rain spoiling your hike though
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:15 AM   #5
spy

Torgny, your right, we don't have time to hurry...I'm always the last one trailing behind when we go as a family. They think, "the quickest way from point A to point B is in a straight line and off they go as quick as their feet will carry them and I'm the one behind walking in a zig zag pattern. I think for every mile they walk, I'm doing at least another 100 yards more to get to the same place.

Banksy, it was a pity, but I'm going back in a week or so to try it again. I'm looking forward to the falls!

Kevin
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:08 PM   #6

Like #1 a lot!
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote