Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:50 AM   #11

Looks like a peaceful and calm area.

Love the capture of the butterfly in flight in #3. The framing with the leaves in #5 appeals to me (I wonder how it would look if the outer edges were cropped a bit). There is a zen-like minimalism to #7 that I think really works well.

Regards
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:44 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Thank you, banksy, Bob and bluenose. Very helpful

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Jul 27, 2011 at 1:49 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:48 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose View Post
Looks like a peaceful and calm area.

Love the capture of the butterfly in flight in #3. The framing with the leaves in #5 appeals to me (I wonder how it would look if the outer edges were cropped a bit). There is a zen-like minimalism to #7 that I think really works well.

Regards

Often there is a flyfisher standing somewhere where there is space enough (this side) Yes, I tried a crop of number five

Regards
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Often there is a flyfisher standing somewhere where there is space enough (this side) Yes, I tried a crop of number five

Regards
To my eye, the crop seems to emphasize the framing of the leaves/branches in the foreground.

Looks like a nice spot to cast a fly or two. Do the fly fishers wade or fish from the bank?

Regards
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:32 PM   #15

Quote:
To my eye, the crop seems to emphasize the framing of the leaves/branches in the foreground.

Looks like a nice spot to cast a fly or two. Do the fly fishers wade or fish from the bank?

Regards

Yes, you're right. I like multiple 3D like layers of foliage - seems you do too

My primary language is picture taking, so ....
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jul 29, 2011 at 6:49 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:59 AM   #16

Quote:

Regards
All methods are allowed, even more unorthodox, but the river is long ... I don't what you say to a fisherman on the other side of the pond but over here it's absolute forbidden to say good luck. Superstition

I suppose you can translate this; "Skitfiske på dig", at least the first word

So if you'll be out there, where ever it is, "Skitfiske på dig"

Regards

Torgny
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jul 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 5:53 PM   #17

Looks like he is using a two-handed rod, spey rod I think is the term used in England. If he is after salmon he probably needs the heavier tackle.
Thanks for adding the photo.

Regards
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Looks like he is using a two-handed rod, spey rod I think is the term used in England. If he is after salmon he probably needs the heavier tackle.
Thanks for adding the photo.

Regards
There really was a need for the two-handed as I want to show in the last two pictures in this sinuous thread. Thanks for following. Much appreciated
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jul 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:38 PM   #19

The last picture -
Attached Images

Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:00 PM   #20

Heehee! How cute is that! I'll bet that baby grows up to be a great fisherman!
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote