Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:33 PM   #1

Default Sally Gap across the Wicklow Mountains, Ireland

Weather being nasty as it was today, I decided to abandon hope of getting some decent images in and just go scouting for sites to visit when the weather improved. Ended up exploring the Sally Gap, Wicklow, Ireland a bit. Lough Tay will be visited again for definate.

I couldnt resist taking a few imagesbut all can be improved on, as the ISO was quite high due to wind and lack of tripod. Not as bad as i expected though, at least as long as they are kept at a medium resolution. All critique appreciated.

Bad weather over the Sally Gap, nice layering of the distant mountains.

Road snaking off over the Wicklow Mountains.

Lough Tay, a small lake nestled up in the wicklow mountains. As this was only a scouting trip, I hope to get much better images of this awesome scene.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:04 PM   #2

How disappointing that the weather was bad. I do get a sense of how cold and bleak it must have been in the black & white shot. Look forward to your post when the weather is kinder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banksyinoz/
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksy View Post
How disappointing that the weather was bad. I do get a sense of how cold and bleak it must have been in the black & white shot. Look forward to your post when the weather is kinder.
The area can and does often look much better under stormy conditions. the only thing i would have changed was the wind strength. I like the bleaness, its what makes the area so attractive to photograph.
No trees, no green grass, and it doesnt get much less bleak in sunshine, but it is easier to take the image when the wind is not so strong!

Last edited by schmintan; Jan 23, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote