Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:26 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

So, most of us deadly end up like this. I'm personally not religious, by any stretch of the concept, but I like the idea

"From dust, to dust"

It's also an exercise in the use of prepositions of the English language
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:29 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

So, lastly, the conclusion. How shall the living commune with the stone dead, the "gonners" or whatever you may call them? Well, We can keep their graves clean and we could arrange a forefather altar at our homes, like the more civilized peoples of the East

Music might help

Bob Dylan

See That My Grave Is Kept Clean lyrics

Songwriters: JEFFERSON, BLIND LEMON

Well there's one kind of favor I'll ask for you
Well there's one kind of favor I'll ask for you
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you
You can see that my grave is kept clean.

And there's two white horses following me
And there's two white horses following me
I got two white horses following me
Waiting on my burying ground.

Did you ever hear that coffin sound
Means another poor boy is under the ground.

Did you ever hear them church bells toll
Means another poor boy is dead and gone.

And my heart stopped beating and my hands turned cold
And I believe what the father told.

And there's one last favor I'll ask for you
And there's one last favor I'll ask for you
And just one last favor I'll ask for you
You can see that my grave is kept clean.
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:44 PM   #13

So, whether you're a sun worshipper, preparing for a forefather altar or whatever religion, you still can like the piece at places like this.

We are now leaving Planet Earth

Thanks for following this lengthy down to earth thread
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 17, 2012 at 5:51 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:44 PM   #14

Number 3 would have been better if you can tilt the angle a little so the top of the church can be seen.
Mirrorless APS-C camera: Samsung NX100, Canon EOS-M.
M4/3 systems: Olympus OM-D-E-M5 and Panasonic DMC-G3.

Last edited by WCKSer; Aug 17, 2012 at 5:05 PM.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKSer View Post
Number 3 would have been better if you can tilt the angle a little so the top of the church can be seen.

Well, the bare idea of the cross to me is utterly bizarre. I wouldn't do a thing like that to any of my sons. Did he have brothers since his father was willing to sacrifice...

You should see my usual church pictures. You can mostly barely see the building behind a massive foliage

//T