Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,325
Default Landsape or should I say Seascape?

From the Oly DSLR thread.
We went out again up to Bowman Bay at Deception Pass yesterday...got out at 6am looking for the summer fog that lays in there.

This stuff is still new to us, still a learning curve. The ND filters from Cokin give a reddish cast to anything green (Play with WB Ken!) so I've gone B&W once again.

They were all shot at f22 and between 40 and 60 seconds.

I used just the #9 ND, strong enough that I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder. I had to compose the shot, then slide the filter into place (fun)

What was amazing the Oly E500 did that the D600 couldn't was to auto focus through the filter. The rest of the settings were manual of course.

I could get a 60 second shot, while the D600 can only manage 30 without going to bulb.

The waves were about 2foot at the break.
Attached Images
     
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
Default

Amazing usage of BW
I like it...
Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet View Post
Amazing usage of BW
I like it...
Thanks Magnet. Always fun trying something different (for me) isn't it?
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Canada.
Posts: 101
Default

Scouse; You live in one of my favorite places in North America. My pop & I use to spend a great many years camping at Camano Island State Park. Due to unforseen circumstances I am no longer allowed in the USA

These are awesome photos.. I love Deception Pass, one one of my many storage drives I have some neat pictures from when I was last there.
__________________
Weapons of choice:

FujiHS20 (used all the time)
Nikon Coolpix L24 (used all the time)
Nikon D60 DSLR (rarely used anymore)
Olympus 8000 (never used anymore, as I lost my data cable).
Pantharen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantharen View Post
Scouse; You live in one of my favorite places in North America. My pop & I use to spend a great many years camping at Camano Island State Park. Due to unforseen circumstances I am no longer allowed in the USA

These are awesome photos.. I love Deception Pass, one one of my many storage drives I have some neat pictures from when I was last there.
I won't ask..!
We used to camp a lot on the island some 20 years back, then we found some land just a walk from the park. I took a year off and built a house there. Still walk in the park most nights.
Deception Pass Is known as "Decrepit" Pass in our house. My dear old mum got it mixed up once and the name stuck.
It's still a great place, sorry you can't get down anymore.
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:53 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Canada.
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I won't ask..!
I got busted for pot when I was 18, did 90 days in city lock up, I got a pradon when I was 25 (or so I thought). 2007 when the Bush Admin locked down the borders between Canada & The USA, I found out the hard way that my pardon was a fake..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
We used to camp a lot on the island some 20 years back, then we found some land just a walk from the park. I took a year off and built a house there. Still walk in the park most nights.
Deception Pass Is known as "Decrepit" Pass in our house. My dear old mum got it mixed up once and the name stuck.
It's still a great place, sorry you can't get down anymore.
I just need to stop buying toys, and get a US waiver to travel back to the US..
__________________
Weapons of choice:

FujiHS20 (used all the time)
Nikon Coolpix L24 (used all the time)
Nikon D60 DSLR (rarely used anymore)
Olympus 8000 (never used anymore, as I lost my data cable).
Pantharen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantharen View Post
I got busted for pot when I was 18, did 90 days in city lock up, I got a pradon when I was 25 (or so I thought). 2007 when the Bush Admin locked down the borders between Canada & The USA, I found out the hard way that my pardon was a fake..



I just need to stop buying toys, and get a US waiver to travel back to the US..
Couldn't hurt to ask why your 'so called' pardon wasn't cleared.
Of course you may contaminate the pure people of the US. Bush never touched pot or coke.... Or cause the death of 10's of thousand people, that would be a bad thing.
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:44 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Canada.
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Couldn't hurt to ask why your 'so called' pardon wasn't cleared.
Of course you may contaminate the pure people of the US. Bush never touched pot or coke.... Or cause the death of 10's of thousand people, that would be a bad thing.
The company I dealt with was a scam company. They conned people out of their money for fake pardons. I paid $2500. to get a pardon, and I got a fake piece of paper, that was printed on "bank note" paper, which at the time anyone could buy it in Canada, it was usually used for diplomas and such..
__________________
Weapons of choice:

FujiHS20 (used all the time)
Nikon Coolpix L24 (used all the time)
Nikon D60 DSLR (rarely used anymore)
Olympus 8000 (never used anymore, as I lost my data cable).
Pantharen is offline   Reply With Quote
0
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:20 AM.




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2