Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:54 PM   #1

Default Stewart State Forest, Newburgh, NY

I have known Stewart State Forest in Newburgh, NY for some time but have been ignoring it. My thinking was, itís not for me. A novice hiker and photographer, I lusted for mountain hikes with views of the valleys below, ruins of abandoned edifices, and places of worship or some historical significance. In short, I was angling for the splashy stuff. Stewart State Forest may have everything -- woods, fields, and wetlands -- but, eh, it is mostly flatlands and a savannah of wild and untamed nature that canít exactly be a thing of beauty.

Or so I thought.

Having had a surge of interest for the hinterlands lately, I remembered Stewart State Forest and decided to pay it a visit one early morning. To my surprise, I found it calm, peaceful, and gentle. The meadows roll to as far as my eyes can see. Initially following a trail, I realized I didnít have to and simply walked across the vast, open fields. In my three mile walk, it was just my mind, the late autumn breeze, and Mother Nature. I covered only less than an eighth of the Forestís 6,700 acres, but I am hoping that through these photos you will agree that Stewart State Forest--especially for one seeking solace during a long, leisurely stroll--can be a thing of beauty.

1)

2)

3)

DPHDR5 used on all except #2 which is Photomatix, Topaz Labs products, the CS6 for the "candlelight" hues. As always, thank you for looking and C&C welcome.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:29 PM   #2

The lovely sky certainly helped here. My favorite is #2. Nice work!
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:41 PM   #3

Thank you, Walter.

4)
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote