Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:16 PM   #1
Default Vantage Point

Thought I would post a couple different photos of the same thing from different vantage points.

I like the first photo but some of the clouds are just too bright. The cropping could be tightened up a little too.

The second photo is the same area, John Day Fossil Beds National Monument in Central Oregon, but from the air. This photo is interesting but disorienting if you don't already know what it is.

I would appreciate any suggestions on getting better pics the next time out there.

QDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:55 PM   #2

I'm so wowed by the incredible color that, if there's anything wrong with these photos, I sure can't see it.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 1:27 AM   #3

Like Barbara said, it's difficult to find any flaws. The scenery takes your breath away. The shadows in the second shot may be a tad distracting but I don't recall us humans having much control over that other than coming back for a second try.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:38 AM   #4

Interesting pair of photos Ė those hill ridges and bumps in the second shot almost look as if they could be giant fossils themselves (I know they arenít). The only improvement you might consider is using a polarising filter if you didnít use one before but these look fine as they are.
costas is offline   Reply With Quote