Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 13, 2004, 7:30 PM   #31

I really would like some advise on improving this photo. The second one without the rock at the front of the photo seems better on the computer than on paper strangely enough and the original looks good printed out. I never took this in B/W. The reason I went B/W was that the color version was washed out, looked crap but I liked the place where I took the photo so thought I'd try this. Im open to all constuctive Ideas but toi me it does not look TOO busy etc. My aim is to make it look restful.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 9:02 PM   #32

you know wat would add some "restfullness" to it?
i nice lawn chair or bench over on the other side of the stream....or this side if you want.....maybe a glass with ice tea......or maybe a hammock!

set ups work like this too
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 12:33 AM   #33

:lol:
Old Apr 14, 2004, 4:51 PM   #34

Hi There,

Just got around to reading all the threads re this picture, I guess we are all different when it comes to viewing photo's.

I agree with Klaus the rock in the foreground looks a bit like a blob, yet when it is removed there is nothing in the foreground that balances the picture.

I get a feeling of falling in the water, the closest rock to the viewers side of the creek is way over the other side, if this picture were mine I would use the clone brush and move the large rock on the other side of the creek to somewhere a litltle closer to the foreground.

Well done aladyfourty, nice to see some B&W, great to play around with it without having to sniff chemicals and wash up trays etc.

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
daverh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 5:37 PM   #35

I have tried leaving the picture alone and just cropped the rock out of the bottom of the photo and this looks better than the other two efforts. Nice to hear some useful advice thanks.