Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 23, 2004, 5:33 PM   #1

Default Poconos Ski Resort (for you Joshua B)

End of the season.

Pic of camelback, this pic was very very hard, i had to do a lot of work with it in PhotoShop. It was taken around 7:30pm right when the sun was totaly set and you could barely see the Mtn, took a lot of work to get it this bright.

The pic is of Camelback Mtn (the resort i hate the most in the Poconos, Pa)

ekimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:06 PM   #2

The end of the ski season is so hard to deal with isn't it? Why do you hate Camelback? Is it "corporate skiing"? When did they close?

Thanks for posting the pic for me.
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:17 PM   #3

oh i've gone there
i liked it though....i liked the run "King Tut"
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:49 AM   #4

well its "newbie" central, the skiing is very very icy, and it way over crowded. Every jerk from NJ and NY come here and think they own the place/town because their TOURSITS! blah. I hate that mtn, not to mention that the built it on the wrong side :P Sun rises and sets on the mtn all day. Slushy durning the day and Icy durning the night.

I hate when ski season is over. It kills me, really really does. Skiing, with the exception of my son and wife, are my life! They were my life before those two, and i belive i will never let that flame for skiing die!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:45 AM   #5

I wish I could remember which run it is ... I think Marc Antony...? It has a hard 90 about 1/3 of the way through it that always becomes a sheet of ice about an hour after nightfall. The first time I hit that run with ice I was flying down the straightaway and started to lean and turn into the 90 when I realized I was actually ice skating ..... I slid sideways (as if turning but actually just in an upright stance leaned left in perfect form might I add) for about 30ft before eating the retaining fence and wearing a sexy waffly honeycomb print on my forehead for the next two hours. Then I had the privelege of walking down the remainder of the run looking for my othe ski....

I think in your photo its the farthest left run:

mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 9:21 AM   #6

well i guess that makes sense

man that stinks!! did you find your other ski?

pfft...that is y you have to snowboard
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkryz
I wish I could remember which run it is ... I think Marc Antony...? It has a hard 90 about 1/3 of the way through it that always becomes a sheet of ice about an hour after nightfall. The first time I hit that run with ice I was flying down the straightaway and started to lean and turn into the 90 when I realized I was actually ice skating ..... I slid sideways (as if turning but actually just in an upright stance leaned left in perfect form might I add) for about 30ft before eating the retaining fence and wearing a sexy waffly honeycomb print on my forehead for the next two hours. Then I had the privelege of walking down the remainder of the run looking for my othe ski....

I think in your photo its the farthest left run:

so i take it you live close to pa lol....i hate that mtn, ever ski else-where?
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:11 PM   #8

i have.....ALPINE MOUNTAIN!!!! woot....now that is a mountain
lol lol lol lol lol lol

funny stuff...lol
i've been to killington in Vermont....spectacular.....but no we have no "mountains" in the East......just good old foothills.....well maybe in North Carolina.....but other than that..nothing.....you have to go out West to really ski
Old Apr 24, 2004, 5:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimes
so i take it you live close to pa lol....i hate that mtn, ever ski else-where?
Used to live in south jersey... now in NYC. Have been throughout the Poconos and relly dont care much for any of them... trails aren't kept well at all... powder is an overstatement since its usually a checkerboard of slush and ice.... diamonds are just semi-verticle drops with moguls scattered about them.... and on top of everything else .. just too crowded. VT is a huge improvement .. but again I hate taking 6 hour trips to get a few runs down some nice trails.
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by photosbyvito
i've been to killington in Vermont....spectacular.....but no we have no "mountains" in the East......just good old foothills.....well maybe in North Carolina.....but other than that..nothing.....you have to go out West to really ski
As an avid New England skier, and a guy who has a web site dedicated to promoting that region's ski scene, I take exception to these statements. Mountains like Sugarloaf (2,820 vertical), Sugarbush (2,650), Smuggler's Notch (2,610 vertical), Stowe (2,360 vertical), and many other ski areas with 2,000+ vertical are true mountains. At Killington, you rarely ski their advertised vertical in one run. Most of their peaks are about 1,000 vertical. Try one of the other places I mentioned next time.
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote