Ocher 1

Ocher 2

Soulful

High Country Ramblers
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:55 PM   #2

Love the expression on that horse!

I've been to Lil' Switzerland. Cool little burg.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:19 PM   #3

that last one is the best i think....nicely done...

but...

(uh oh...there's a but...)

they seem way too compressed....i'm guessing you compressed them a lot because you were posting so many, but...it's hard to see the sharpness of the photo if it is compressed too much....i think at least 100kb for a photo is fine....
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:47 AM   #4

Yes, Vito...they are quite compressed...they were shot a few years ago with mysecond dig cam, an HP C200...a whopping 1+ megaPs.

The photos are of mediocre quality...I just love that area and was ecstatic to see these horses there . I read some books by Monty Roberts about horses and their "language" so I approached the horses very slowly from the side (not in their blind spot then)...and just waited...then they approached me still skittish and wary though.

Before backpackers there were (and still are!)...horsepackers.... I have met a couple of them...They shake their heads, smile and say..."Why walk when you can ride?" when asked about backpacking...

Just a different perspective...

The series was intended to convey...a sense of big, bold, beautiful high country and the intoxicating freedom to roam there. LOL, you will have to decide if the intent was successful!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:33 AM   #5

Great shots! Love the horses! I see that you like Monty Roberts! I read his book shyboy oh maybe 5 times and then got to meet him in person. I even got to hug Mr. Monty Roberts! *gleams*. I love his ways of natural horsemanship, but when I tried doing it with my mare I almost got kicked in the head. By no way did that turn me off from natural hrosemanship, though. Now I do a system designed by a man named Pat Parelli, and I do it with my gelding. It had improved our relationship, and you have shows some very good horse "savvy". When you approached slowly and not into their blindspot you were acting and thinking like a horse, rather than the predators we are. The whole suprpose of the savvy system is to teach humans to act, think, and play like their hroses. I have definately gotten the playing down!

Attached Images

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:47 AM   #6

Sounds like you and Monty Roberts bonded in a big, wonderful way

It is truly a miracle that he emerged from a very tough childhood to become such a wonderful horseman and a mentor to so many others.

Your photo is awesome, btw, discodudette

It "resonates."

Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:23 PM   #7

Some people don't believe that he was abused and think he is making it all up. Seriuously, why would he make up having an abusive father? And his father claims that it was his idea of horsemanship adn that monty stole it from him. There is alot of debate.

Parelli is coming in 2 days!!! I'm going to my frist tour, and there will probably be over 2000 people there... but maybe I will meet Pat! That would be awesome, too.

Here is a picture of Disco and I hafter a long tough workout/playday.
Attached Images

Old Jun 10, 2004, 2:45 PM   #8

I'm sorry, but the last picture is like, a picture of my soul.

Haha, I LOVE IT! I like to ride english (i like to call it preppy riding), and hey, turning around barrels really super fast is always fun, but put me on a trail in the backlands and im HOME! Haha, is there any chance you have a bigger version of that picture? I should like to use it as my background! Pwetty pweeze?
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:43 PM   #9

That last one truly is a peek into our (Horsemen and horsewomen's) hearts and souls. It's wonderful. The lard open plains with beautifulmountians in teh backgournd, a sunny day and beautiful horses. Sounds like a dream to me!