Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:09 AM   #1

Nearly caused a pile up when I saw this. Driving along, looked to my right and saw this scene, slammed on the brakes and shot off on the hard shoulder. Would´ve taken ages to turn around etc. Not too dangerous and got a "Toot", but I think it was worth it! Changed to B and W as the water was murky. The "White Strip" is a white sandy beach....lovely place!

BTW, the bridge is in Spain and the background is the Atlas mountains in Africa!!!

Attached Images

Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:55 AM   #2

Ethereal...well done.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:34 PM   #3

Love the composition and also the strangeness of that little piece of bridge. Add to this the idea of seeing one continent from another, and you've a winner.

Interesting how you've replaced your older avatar with a photo of what I assume is your child in a pose that's reminiscent of free falling!
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 1:47 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you, and yes that IS my son, Dillon, and he is assuming a perfect arch , however I hope it will be a few more years until he does it for real! :shock:

To go off on a tangent, I am thinking of blowing this up large for our new house. I recently had 6 prints made up to A1 sizefor a window display....I was staggered by the quality and sharpness of detail from the 10D. If I get a chance I will take a picture of the display and post it to the Canon EOS thread, I was amazed!!! BTW A1 is 840mm X 594mm (33.5 inches x 23.5 inches). Haven´t posted for a while, been very busy....love coming back though! :-)
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote