Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 30, 2004, 7:35 AM   #1

Here is a large pano (Original 11473x1794) of Portland, ME on top of an 1807 Observatory. If you look carefully you can find 2 lighthouses. (Now that I look after its downsized and less quality you cant see where Portland Headlight is). The closest one you will see if Bug Light, the other is the most famous lighthouse in Maine which is Portland Headlight even though its in Cape Elizabeth (Richsnobs.... lol jk) Anywho enjoy.

Attached Images

UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2004, 11:15 AM   #2

I like it. I just wish it were about ten times larger so I could see the detail.

You had me going for a moment. As I waited for the attachment to open, I was expecting to se a panorama of the Portland, Oregon waterfront...wrong.

I will have to see if I can do a Portland, OR panorama. Obviously, it will be totally different from yours and will be executed differently. I will shoot multiple shots on tripod using manual exposure and then crop and stich in PSP 8. How did you do yours?
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:22 PM   #3

I just handheld mine only because it was pretty sunny and I knew I could get a fast enough shutter for no tripod. So handheld with manual exposer and put together with photostitch. It was put together fairly quickly and not a lot of effort put behind to making this photograph happen.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 4:18 PM   #4

Whats the cruise ship doing there? I didn't know that Maine was a starting point for cruises??

Is that for the Canadian foliage tour?

Nice photo, would be nice BIGGER though to see the detail better though.

Kingsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 5:21 PM   #5

Yeah the full size is a lot nicer to look at. But yeah, thats the Scotia Prince that travels to Nova Scoita every day. Its been doing this for atleast 20 years that I know of. We had another ship before this one but I forget what it was called.