Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 2, 2004, 8:18 AM   #1

Too bad I don't have a card that supports panoramic shots
Attached Images

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:05 AM   #2

Good perspective on that shot, Rick. I think that a panorama would have done the subject a lot of good.

The good news is that you DON'T need a special card (I assume you mean an Oly xD memory card?) to do panoramas. Just shoot a series of shots in which you've manually overlapped each successive photo, locking exposure of all shots to the same as the first shot, and keeping decent vertical registration for all the shots. It's easier than I make it sound. Then... use something like the Photomerge capability of PSE2, or other 3rd party stitching s/w (there's plenty - do a google search on 'panorama, stitch, software' and you'll see) and, voila, your own panorama!

That's what I did for this panorama:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=8
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:14 AM   #3

Thanx, I'll give it a try. The field should be gorgeous in a couple of weeks when it turns to gold. Whereabouts in Oregon are you from? I lived in Lincoln City for a time in the '70s.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:17 AM   #4

I've been to Lincoln City many times (my wife likes the darn outlet mall there). We live about 20 miles south of Portland along I-5 now. Where have you ended up (I assume somewhere in Minnesota)?
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:27 AM   #5

I was born and raised near lake Minnetonka--just west of Excelsior, MN. I now live in LeSueur, MN--home of the Jolly Green Giant. Five kids (ages 24 to 8).

In Lincoln City, I lived just south of Surftides up on a cliff in a small log cabin. If you walked 70 feet out my front door, you fell a hundred feet to the beach. Rumor has it that Paul R. and the Raiders rented the place years ago.