Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:02 AM   #1
THC

I have only had my Digicam for 2 weeks. Just getting used to it. I have an OlyC770.

I think this is a great photo taken from my friends Balcony, but would like the opinion of some people more knowledgeable in the art of Photography than I am.

Steves review of the OlyC770 was a big influence on me choosing this camera, and I have now found the forums I am going to get heavily involved.

Anyways... here's my pic. I welcome constructive criticism to help me get quality from my new Camera. Thanks. Pic has been taken @ 4Megapixel and downsized to be hosted.

THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2004, 3:44 PM   #2

Nicely done!!!

Have you done the Ha-bah bridge walk at nite?

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 4:14 PM   #3

All those city lights and still good sky and cloud detail. It's a keeper!!!!
shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 11:42 PM   #4
THC

Thanks for the Feedback guys.

As yet I haven't done the Bridge Climb. I was raisedand live in Sydney so I know plenty of places to get great views from that you don't have to pay $150 for. Everyone has seen the Opera House and stuff.... I just like my Angle of the Bridge because i think it's a little different.

I took these other photos @ Sunrise this morning testing out my Polarizing Filter.

I'm pretty happy with the results seeing that I'm a newbie to all this. I am very impressed with the Zoom on the C770 I must say. I'm looking forward to playing with the Tcon 1.7x lens or whatever it is. I didn't move the Legs on my Tripod on any of these shots.

The only thing with the C770 I'm not overly happy with is the battery life.

These were taken @ 4Megapixel so they lost some clarity when I resized them to host them. I have not adjusted these photo's they are straight from the Camera on different settings. You'll see the Cityscape light up as the sun gets higher !

Zoom anyone ?

I liked the effect of the Ship sailing into a pretty Empty Sydney Harbour with the light in the sky the way it was. Normally, shots taken from this site are full of Yachts battling for position.

I wasn't sure where this Pilot was headed, when you compare the lower planes flight path to the Higher planes flightpath.

Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:22 AM   #5

The first one - the nightshot is very good. It's tilting a bit though and needs some sharpening. But a good basic shot indeed!

The ZOOM image. You know, a good zoom image must be clear and sharp, else this just looks like it's been magnified (at pc or digital zoom in camera). So...I'm not that crazy about that zoom. But I understand your facination!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:43 AM   #6
THC

Klaus, Thank you for your feedbakc. I am requiring constructive criticism so I am able to improve the photo's I take. I have just now come to realise that the photo's I took this morning were NOT Taken in the Landscape Mode on my Camera, rather they were taken in the Program Shooting Mode and I did not adjust anything within the Program settings. I now realise how much better these photos would have been if there were taken in Landscape Mode.:evil:
Old Jul 18, 2004, 3:21 AM   #7

In most circumstances the programs in the digicams works just fine. However, if you want to put your own shooting style into photos, you have to go beyond the manufacturers favorite settings, that they want you to use. If your camera has manual programs, it would take you even further...
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 3:57 AM   #8

THC, I recently flew into and straight out of sydney on my way to coolengatta. Only saw sydney airport. Unfortunatly was unable to photogarph the harbor bridge as qantas wont let you turn on digital for 5 minutes after takeoff. Anyways I did see it and have to say it looked awesome from the air. Mind you I was glad to fly back into WA. I really like the first shot at night.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote