Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 28, 2004, 9:52 PM   #21

Number 3 is my favorite. GREAT JOB on all four, but #3 just grabs me.I like the framing also. Thick for the 'Inspirational Poster' feel, thinner and you go a more professional 'portfolio presentation' kinda thing. Maybe try fading the edge of the picture into the frame on the 'inspirational' ones, and keep it clean on the 'pro look' ones. Just an idea, i don't know if they would work as well as the way you did them, but it may be an interesting experiment. All said though, VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

Dave...
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 1:40 AM   #22

Quote:
ok, a question to all..... do these look at all "professional"? like, you'd find in a magazine or something? thanks...please be honest...
I'll be brutally honest with you.

I've seen photos in magazines that wouldn't hold a tee to the shutter photo you've posted. Both your landscape photos and the water rush photos are exceptional and show your knowledge of photography.

Unfortunately, that isn't what makes magazine material. I've been a musician, videographer, artist and photographer for many years, Vito, and I think I'm pretty good in many of these areas. However, my motive must remain pleasure and fun and entertainment because, if it doesn't, I will lose even that part of it. I quit trying to gain fame long ago because it finally sunk in that "fame" isn't important as long as one loves what they are doing.

Eric made a statement about why he spent so much on his lens, which impressed me immensely. He said that he did it because it's one of the major things that he loves to do.

I'd say to you, in answer to the magazine question, absolutely your work is good enough.

But I'll also say, don't expect the publishers to come knocking at your door because they will first be knocking on a thousand others who are before us, and equally talented.

And you are definitely talented. I hope that encouragement is enough for now. I certainly like it when others say, "good job" to me. That's enough for now.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 10:06 AM   #23

thanks very much norm

i'm not trying to be famous, just seeing if i'd be able to make a living doing this...because it is, something i love to do...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 6:09 PM   #24

Vito,

What camera are you using? The DRebel?
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 8:31 PM   #25

muahaha...fooled you all, i'm really NOT using a dSLR! woot

lol,

i'm using a Canon Powershot G2.....4MP, prosumer(i think?)

high end in the "non-slr" department, almost two years old now though....

anyone want to pay for an upgrade for me ...lol...jk jk....

Vito
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:34 PM   #26

Well, fooled me.

Those are great shots with a G2. I have the G3 and can only hope to achieve those kind of shots with my trip to Glacier National Park next week.

Quick question if you don't mind: Would you mind sharing the Exif info on those stream and falls pics with me? You can just personal message me if you want. If you don't with to share, no big deal. Just thought I would ask to get a head start for next weeks adventure.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:35 PM   #27

I like 2 and 3. I cant choise betwen them wich one is better. Superb place. Where is ti? Nice place for some fly casting!
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 10:08 PM   #28

it was a campground in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park

in cherokee to be precise....happy holiday campground...

thanks for the comments....

here's the exif...

all on ISO 50

1 1.3 seconds....f8.0

2 1 second......f8.0

3 .6 seconds.....f8.0

41/4 second......f8.0

i'm not sure how to actually send you the exif itself...if you want more info, i'll see wat i can do...

Vito
Old Aug 1, 2004, 10:04 PM   #29

first of, great pictures!!

i think ive been there, i have a picture almost(not as good) as #2, when you first get to that spot, is there a long gravel driveway, then a little bridge over the river, then upriver, there is a BIG log falen across the river, where you can take pictures?

if so, ive been there, i will try to find my pics, but it might take awhille
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 10:49 PM   #30

thanks brad...but i don't think this was taken where you described...i don't remember a bridge, or a log, but the log could've been moved.......so...umm....lol...

thanks again!

Vito