Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:54 PM   #1

This image is a blended image - 2 exposures, one for the bright sky exposed to not blow out the sun too badly, the other for the foreground so that it was not completely silhouetted. The images were then combined as separate layers in PSE2 with corresponding portions of each layer erased.

Taken during very early morning...

geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2004, 5:24 PM   #2

Ok - I bumped this because I'd put in a bad url for the image. Now I've fixed it and people should be able to see it. Sorry!
Old Sep 10, 2004, 6:22 PM   #3

So when you took these shots am i right in saying you had a very small apeture for the skyline and then increased it slightly for the foreground? What were your settings?
As i said in your other post its nice to see digital imaging look natural. In this day and age of technology and computer editing its nice to see finished shots look natural.
I'm a relative newbie but these are the sort of shots that one day i hope to achive.
Mealers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2004, 6:28 PM   #4

Mealers, you should be able to do this today with your current equipment and a decent image editing program. I'm assuming that the digicam you use has full manual capability but you can still do it with just aperture or shutter priority mode alone.

I shot both images with an aperture setting of f/8.0 so I'd get maximum DOF. I varied the exposure between the two images: 1/250 second for the field exposure and 1/2000 second for the sky/trees exposure.

And thank you once again for the nice compliments!
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:09 PM   #5

NICE WORK...THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL SHOT
ptk1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:20 PM   #6

Thank you, ptk1218! I see this is your first post... welcome to the forums. These are great forums with loads of great people. Stick around!
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:09 AM   #7

geoffs wrote:
Quote:
Thank you, ptk1218! I see this is your first post... welcome to the forums. These are great forums with loads of great people. Stick around!

true true...

welcome!

i agree geoffs.....this shot is extremely well done...the blending is seamless....well it"seams" to be

i can't see where you blended.....i could in the other one...but only because i was looking for it

great work...i'm gonna have to try this now

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:14 AM   #8

Well, Vito, you can't see where I blended in this shot because I was getting alot of help from the mist that settled in between the FG and the MG. I do notice now that there is a bit of noise showing up in the sky and I'll need to run NeatImage over this to eliminate that.