Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 22, 2004, 3:40 AM   #21

I've been living here for a littleover a year. Before that in NY.
lLISCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:11 AM   #22

yea well i have been checking the prices of a cannon 30D over here and its a shade under the 2 grand mark... ( $1799.95 actually) so i got a lot of overtime to do if i want it, considering a Fiji S7000 is approx 1400 bucks here i might as well get the extra $300 and get a digital SLR

Grant

PS and welcome home geoffs..... super nice pics
picnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:03 AM   #23

Thanks for the welcome back, Grant! If you decide to get the 20D you'll not regret it but keep one thing in mind... it's much more of a money pit than a P&S. Being able to use interchangeable lenses means you'll want to amass a collection of useful lenses for different purposes and the decent lenses are every bit as expensive (or more) than the camera itself!

One of these years I'd like to visit New Zealand and Australia too. I won't be looking forward to the long plane trip however...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:04 AM   #24

Believe it or not i lived in Australia to and was in New Zealand once for an hour. Australia is a beautiful place - its worth the plane ride. (but not as nice as Israel of course) :-)
lLISCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:31 PM   #25

If you decide to get the 20D you'll not regret it but keep one thing in mind... it's much more of a money pit than a P&S. Being able to use interchangeable lenses means you'll want to amass a collection of useful lenses for different purposes and the decent lenses are every bit as expensive (or more) than the camera itself!

geoffs.....haha thats EXACTLY what i did when i first started photography in 2000, i have a minolta film camera with bout 5 lenses ranging from 28mm - 400mm, but if (or when) i get the DSLR i'll probably stick to bout 3 lenses (i hope)

Grant
Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:38 PM   #26

picnet...if you bought all your lenses in 2000, you'll be able to use them with a minolta dSLR!

save you TONS!

and, if they are older lenses, i'm sure you could still use them, but the AF might not be compatible...so you'd have to manual focus..

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:41 PM   #27

vito nahhh, the camera was a 20 year old thing, and the lenses were bout the same year ,model etc, everything was second hand.....the only new thing i brought was the digital which i'm using at the moment, golly i didn't even see you online either.....haha i thought i was bad staying on here 24/7 :-)