Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 30, 2004, 7:48 AM   #1

A beautiful fall day for flying over Brokentop Mountain (foreground) and the Sisters Mountains in Central Oregon.

Q
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 9:41 AM   #2

Beautiful shot. My brother-in-law often tells me about the beauty of that range of mountains, though I have yet to get there myself. Next summer we are planning a trip to Canada's west coast. Theidea is to fly to Calgary (or some intermediat location on the U.S. side, then drive to the coaston one side of the border and back on the other.Our itinerary is already crowded with "must see" places... there's another one for the list.:-)

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Candada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 1:10 PM   #3

Is that you hanging from that strip of fabric way up in the blue yonder? Man u musta bin FREEZING....brrrrrrr that looks cold to me. How did you get that high? How high were you? Where in the world did you find a place to safely put your feet on the ground? Or are you still up there with a wireless laptop? Lol... Best regards, and nice picture hugemoth....

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 2:10 PM   #4

Kenneth,

Thanks for the comments. That's my friend in the picture. I'm hanging from a similar piece of nylon taking the picture. It was rather warm on that particular flight, in the 50s (F) but I've flown over the same location when the temp was in the 20s. We were somewhere around 10,000' when I took the photo. We took off from a forest service road near my house, about 20 miles away.

Q
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 4:44 PM   #5

Yahbut....You use the present tense..."I AM hanging from a piece of nyon..." so you ARE still up there!! And typing this from your laptop....how's the wireless working for you way up there...just kidding, but great shot, and thanks for abiding my humor. I am happy enough photographing those big rocks from the ground, w/both my feet on the earth. Thanks hugemoth, best regards...

KennethD
Old Oct 30, 2004, 4:52 PM   #6

Tom Overton wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shot. My brother-in-law often tells me about the beauty of that range of mountains, though I have yet to get there myself. Next summer we are planning a trip to Canada's west coast. Theidea is to fly to Calgary (or some intermediat location on the U.S. side, then drive to the coaston one side of the border and back on the other.Our itinerary is already crowded with "must see" places... there's another one for the list.:-)

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Candada
Have a peek at "trouble brewing on castle mountain" in the landscape topic. This is my favorite mountain, just east of the B.C. Alberta border. She's a beauty!! You will drive right past her on your trip from Calgary to B.C. It's about 45 km past Banff on the T.C. , right at the 93 junction heading to Radium. You can not miss it! Best regards, Tom...

KennethD

Old Oct 30, 2004, 5:30 PM   #7

great shot! i love shots of gorgeous scenery with tiny little specks of human presence this shot has great scale because of it

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote