Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 2, 2004, 9:43 PM   #1

I found these small tugs a few blocks from my house on some private property boat yard. Any suggestion on what i should have done as far as exposure and lighting goes? i really like the look of the boats, but im just not too sure i like these photos. how can i improve them? I'm looking for critisism.
Attached Images

GregM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2004, 9:44 PM   #2

GregM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 3:23 PM   #3

I think the first picture is amazing. The way you composed it with the boat to one side and the sun over the docks in the distance really captures the atmosphere of a walk down by the sea. I grew up beside the docks here in Ireland and this picture gives me a good feeling. Well done. As for criticism, Im still a newbie to digital photography so i cant offer you any help there. Im really looking forward to a walk down by the docks since viewing your pics. And you can be sure I will be taking my camera with me. I hope I can get some photos good enough to post on this forum.

thanks for posting

JakTheHat
JakTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 4:37 PM   #4

I think it is a great picture. However, if you really want some help with it, post it in the "Extreme makeover" forum. People there will show you different things that can be done with it. Some suggestions you may like, others, no. The suggestions posted there range from simple exposure corrections to radical digital artsy interpretations. It's kind of a workshop where you post your pictures for others to work on and you get a chance to work on pictures posted by others.

One suggestion that has nothing to do with the quality of the picture is to reduce the size for posting. I generally set the maximum dimension to 700 pixels and it fits well and loads quickly.

Good Luck.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote