Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 8, 2004, 8:38 PM   #1

I took these 8 photos yeaterday while we were in the mountains. Then I used PANORAMA FACTORY to combine them. It's not as good as I would like, and I'm still not very familiar with the program. Is there anything I can do to even out the colors/lighting? Or is there a better program for panos? Also, it saves the images as bmp. files. I'd like to be able to print them, but the quality is not good enough. Any suggestions?

Thanx,

Ron

surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2004, 12:57 AM   #2

Ron,

One of your photos, or a series of them, is inserted twice. Look at the mountains just to the right of the large evergreen tree and pan slowly to the right and you will see it repeat. I think if you take this repeated sequence out, the colors will balance nicely. ArcSoft Panorama Maker and PhotoSuite Platinum v7 will both let you save your output images as .jpg or .tif.

HTH,

Bill
BillD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 4:49 AM   #3

Bill,
Thanx - I don't know how many times I looked at this trying to figure what was wrong - I even noticed the abrupt change in the wooded area. I just couldn't put it together last night. I guess I should have gone to bed instead of doing the pano.

Thanx again,

Ron
Old Nov 9, 2004, 7:33 AM   #4

Panarama Factory will allow you to save yourimage as a JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG and many other formats. It saves its work files asBMPs. Goto File and then "Save current image as"
choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 8:21 AM   #5

So you just put your camera on a tripod, took a picture, moved the camera 45 degrees, took another, and so on?? Then the computer fused the images???

Wow! You could get some real wall hangers with that type of program. Imagine what that same area will look like with snow in the early morning light!!!!!!!!!

Practice makes perfect, right? What a beautiful view.
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 4:46 PM   #6

Hey "girl"
I have a canon Powershot S500 - just point and shoot. However, it has a "panorama assist" setting that helps you align a series of photos to make a pano. I didn't have a tripod. It might have turned out better if I had used one. :?

Ron
Old Nov 9, 2004, 8:07 PM   #7

I redid it without the duplicate image. I took the same shot twice and didn't notice it. :roll:

choeschen - I knew it would be something simple. :?

Ron