Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:52 AM   #11

I think they are wonderful because, Well, after seeing the pictures, I wish I was there!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:16 AM   #12

This time when I head up there, I'll go more prepared with a tripod and my 20D. I think I'll be better able to capture this scene with the 20D due to better control over focus points, and that sort of thing.

Unfortunately it's going to take me until the end of April to have my next opportunity to photograph these falls.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and constructive criticism of the photos. Without some cc of the work, I'll never improve, and improvement is definitely the goal, so if anybody else has anything in mind, speak freely, it's for my own good...
Tim_The_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:48 AM   #13

I agree with Kenny's comments. I also think that there are distractions in the pictures that take your eye away from the waterfalls. I always beleive that a simple picture is best. Try playing around with different views to see which gives the strongest effect. I am sure that once you get your handson the 20D and you go out there with atripod, things will be different. Having acamera like that forces you to see things different. The mostimportant thing is to practice. Photography is liketennis. The moreyou practice, the better you get.Upgrading to a nicer raquet helps, but you still have to know how to swing.Good luckto you and keep at it :-)

Hoooba
Hoooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:35 PM   #14

sugestion:.... try a time exposure burst of maybe bout 3-5 secs. give the water a "blurred" feeling to it when your up there next... it will change your whole picture

grant
picnet is offline   Reply With Quote